+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: MasterChef Junior

FORT Fogey

Re: MasterChef Junior

Sarah was adorable when she told Gordon that she mistook cabbage for lettuce. So honest! Very cute.

I knew the kid with the turkey burger and velveeta* was a gonner the minute I saw his ingredients. I make an excellent turkey burger; it is a recipe from the local brew pub. I crave them.

These kids are really good. Jack and Alexander will probably be the last 2 standing.

* I hate it when places call those wrapped slices American cheese. It isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Sarah was adorable when she told Gordon that she mistook cabbage for lettuce. So honest! Very cute.

I knew the kid with the turkey burger and velveeta* was a gonner the minute I saw his ingredients. I make an excellent turkey burger; it is a recipe from the local brew pub. I crave them.

These kids are really good. Jack and Alexander will probably be the last 2 standing.

* I hate it when places call those wrapped slices American cheese. It isn't.
    We just call it cheese slices Wasn't Sarah cute when she used cabbage instead of lettuce, that's something I might do LOL
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I only caught a glimpse and wished I had seen the whole section, but Gordon took Sara and Dara to the Queen Latifa talk show where they cooked a family meal. Both were so cute. They sat around a table with QL and Gordon eating their offerings as though at a family table.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Alexander and Jack may be frontrunners, but I'm liking Kaylen. When she talks about food you can tell she really knows her stuff. I hope she's around a long time.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

As someone who has been cooking since four. Thanks to grandma. I love seeing talented kids in the kitchen. My mouth was watering over that one kids sliders lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    We just call it cheese slices Wasn't Sarah cute when she used cabbage instead of lettuce, that's something I might do LOL
    OK, so I know I am probably the only one who does not think that confusing cabbage with lettuce is cute....especially when even RAW cabbage comes with a smell that is a dead giveaway, not to mention the look of it. You cut it, you the smell comes to visit your nose.....and it's not pleasant. Well, I hope she, at least, learned something. The weights are also automatic giveaways....the densities; cabbage is like a little bowling ball. No, I am not on the "cute" band wagon.
    Photobabe likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I one attended a very nice dinner party where the host (single man) mistakenly used cabbage for lettuce in the salad!! At least the rest of the meal was good.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I'd be worried about his I.Q.

A child has more of an excuse. I just want to smack their parents.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

In anyone's defense - cabbage looks like head lettuce until examined closely as in smelling or tearing it apart. In grabbing from the pantry, it would be easy for a young girl to scoop it into her basket thinking she was getting head lettuce. Did you see how frantic they were in the pantry for that challenge? Once you leave and return to your station there is no going back for other items or substitutions.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

For a person who has been in the world and considers themselves somewhat experienced....experienced enough to throw a dinner party, anyway.....just picking up the cabbage should tell them that it's not head lettuce. Like I said, a kid is more understandable.

+ Reply to Thread