+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: MasterChef Junior

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: MasterChef Junior

I still see things that I saw in my son at around 5 or 6, so good luck! Not only do you have to get used to HIM.....he's got to get used to YOU! Mine learned to think that I was crazy and will NOT repeat, repeat, and repeat myself. Of course, he still can't make tuna salad, but he has a wonderful personality!

I'm from the land of "figure it out or starve".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am not a fan of using the words "cute and adorable" with kids, unless they are infants or toddlers. I think it's demeaning and sells them short. They have personalities and abilities to offer, whether they are negative or positive. If they tend to be overly sensitive, this kind of competition would not be for them. Some people come along at different speeds than other people, even at young ages. This is a maturing and learning experience that will help them along their roads.
    I know adults I'd call adorable.

I love talking to young people to hear where they are. The conversations can be, surprisingly, mature and refreshing. Bless Nathan's little heart.....he's probably going to have "goofball" as a part of his personality forever. The last I heard, aren't our basic personalities set by the time we are ages 5 or 6 years old? It's pretty early on.
    I've never heard of that, but from my own experience, my two daughters showed characteristics of their personalities early on that they still have now. One is quiet and thoughtful and introverted, the other is sensitive, cheerful and outgoing. Some would have say the quiet, thoughtful one is mature for her age, and the opposite for my other daughter, but maturity has little to do with their personality. They are both capable of "acting their age" at any time... if you know what I mean!
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

I love these kids.. one boy( Alexander I think) cooks more times a week than I do
    wannasee likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I'm watching but not really looking forward to seeing anyone humiliated
    I meant me. I certainly don't want any of the kids to feel bad.

I think I'm just about able to watch and enjoy a Gordon Ramsay show where everyone is polite and respectful... ;^) The mystery box wasn't entirely a matter of their imagination because they got to confer with their families, but still really amazing what they're kicking out and how well spoken and mature they are. So far I'm learning more about cooking than I did from the adult version.
    Ellen and spockwhat like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I admit that I wasn't going to watch because I hate to see kids cry.

Now I confess that I've watched two episodes and am totally blown away. These kids are awesome! And - who knew - Joe has a sweet side!
    Arielflies likes this.

Even when the two t went home, it was all so polite and the other children teared up, bless them .Joe is a softy and I know Gordon loves children. So far I am really enjoying it
    Ellen and Shoepie like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm not a fan of the blonde girl, Sara(?). She is now the youngest contestant since the goofy kid got sent home. Keep in mind that crying eventually stops and tears dry. That oldest boy is pretty sharp! He's getting all kinds of kudos from the judges; I hope the girls are not being left behind.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm not a fan of the blonde girl, Sara(?). She is now the youngest contestant since the goofy kid got sent home. Keep in mind that crying eventually stops and tears dry. That oldest boy is pretty sharp! He's getting all kinds of kudos from the judges; I hope the girls are not being left behind.
    I like her, she cant keep still .She is such a fidget .LOL Her mind wonders all over the room as they are judging. I like Jack.( if he is the guy in Hawaiian shirts)
    -Andy Rooney-

I will admit that Jack is pretty cool. I like kids/people with their own style; the Minnie Mouse hair bow, the Hawaiian shirts, etc. Don't know his name, but there is that one kid who has a strange way of clapping.....kind of like he's playing a concertina (it is what I also describe as an octagonal squeezebox). I always find people's styles of clapping/applauding interesting. I've noticed that a lot of men clap like Cheetah from the old black-and-white Tarzan movies; most annoying style of all!
    Shoepie likes this.

I will admit that Jack is pretty cool. I like kids/people with their own style; the Minnie Mouse hair bow, the Hawaiian shirts, etc. Don't know his name, but there is that one kid who has a strange way of clapping.....kind of like he's playing a concertina (it is what I also describe as an octagonal squeezebox). I always find people's styles of clapping/applauding interesting. I've noticed that a lot of men clap like Cheetah from the old black-and-white Tarzan movies; most annoying style of all!
    The kid who claps like that is Gavin. I am also liking how some of the kids have their own style and how they're all excellent cooks at their age, but what I like most of all is how genuinely kind they all are. It was so heartwarming to see them all hugging Molly and Tommy, offering kind words and just being so supportive. It's been said before and I'll say it again, the adult contestants could learn a lot from these children.

Alexander was in the top on both rounds in this episode, though I believe I heard the judges say in the back that while they loved his sliders, that his kale chips were oily because they were fried and could have been done better in the oven, so I personally don't think he should have been all the way top 3 with that, especially since Gavin had no flaw on taste (they did say his presentation wasn't as good) and Kaylen had no negative critique at all. Smells to me like a bit of favoritism for Alexander is starting to pop up, we know full well how much these three judges like to pick favorites.

I admit I disliked the immunity thing. I'm sick and tired of how the North American version of MasterChef is always giving immunity left and right like it was nothing. I'd appreciate an advantage, but not flat-out immunity, that's boring, they should prove they can cook anything. I also dislike eliminating two people right as the competition starts, I want more time with these folks as I can. Though I feel the eliminations were correct, Tommy and Molly both over-thought it too much. Next week it looks like instead of a team challenge, we get a tag team, making wellingtons. That is gonna be hardcore, but it's cool how even the promos for upcoming episodes focus on positive stuff instead of on drama like the adult version does.

+ Reply to Thread