+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: MasterChef Junior

Re: MasterChef Junior

I loved it! the children that can cook like that amaze me .Some of them started when they were 4. I don't see many shows with kids in it, but this one is fun/ Loved the high fives and the 'death stare'

These kids could show the adult MC how its done .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I finally got to watch the full episode and thought the kids were amazing! They have so much talent, cooking knowledge and skill that it is sometimes hard to remember that they are kids, not short adults. I hope the judges can continue giving honest critiques without becoming overly dramatic like they do in the adult version.

I have heard some people say that they are not going to watch because they can't stand to see kids cry. My feeling on that is, these kids are mature and competitive. They understand that sometimes you win and sometimes you don't. That's the nature of a competition. Will there be some tears along the way? Sure! We see them on the adult version too, occasionally. But, a few hours after they are eliminated the kids will be all smiles again and happy they had the experience. If MC Jr. runs for more seasons, I would expect some of the eliminated kids to come back and give it another try.

After more than half a century cooking, I am still about 1,000 years behind these kids in cooking skills.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Tears tend not to move me....I guess that much is obvious. I believe in kids being told the truth but I also believe in carefully selecting your words.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Thanks Johnny.

My oldest son could cook well at the age of 10 (started about 4) and made some impressive things. He watched Julia Child instead of cartoons for the hour she was on. He is now 36 and could easily compete on the adult version.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I finally got to watch the full episode and thought the kids were amazing! They have so much talent, cooking knowledge and skill that it is sometimes hard to remember that they are kids, not short adults. I hope the judges can continue giving honest critiques without becoming overly dramatic like they do in the adult version.

I have heard some people say that they are not going to watch because they can't stand to see kids cry. My feeling on that is, these kids are mature and competitive. They understand that sometimes you win and sometimes you don't. That's the nature of a competition. Will there be some tears along the way? Sure! We see them on the adult version too, occasionally. But, a few hours after they are eliminated the kids will be all smiles again and happy they had the experience. If MC Jr. runs for more seasons, I would expect some of the eliminated kids to come back and give it another try.

After more than half a century cooking, I am still about 1,000 years behind these kids in cooking skills.
    I love this post. I don't like cooking and even if I could cook, I wouldn't be whipping the stuff up they did LOL.
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just watched the first episode on line. I think it's a keeper! Dara's Minnie Mouse bow was killing me!

Was not sorry to see 8 year old Nathan go; he needs a little more maturity and kitchen work, but he gave it the old college try.

These are some dangerous kids, for sure! They are wise beyond their years.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yeah Nathan was just a little too immature, but cute. He reminded me of one of the little blonde boys from the original Bad News Bears, lol. Maybe he will be back next year. Love Dara and her bow!

I caught the first episode of Rachel vs. Guy and those kids, while good, aren't quite up to the same standards of the kids from MC Jr. I wonder if some of them tried out for both shows?

I'm definitely impressed with the cooking skills and can't produce meals like that in an hour. I'm interested now though in trying to make my own pasta but I don't think I have the right equipment on hand.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I loved how Dara was so HAPPY, she cried. Bless her and her Minnie Mouse bow
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

I'm amazed at the talent of these kids. They definitely know their way around a kitchen - emptying large pots of hot water, carrying around heavy mixers, showing some amazing knife skills, not to mention the delicious looking dishes they were able to cook under pressure. Wow. Seems like they must have had some training in their past young lives. I guess it goes to show that passion for something can take you a long ways. Love how the judges interact with the kids and all the positive words flowing from both the kids and the judges, even after some of the kids were eliminated. Not to mention, seeing the kids cheer each other on.
    Ellen likes this.

Certain "adult" contestants could learn a few things about good manners and maturity from these kids.
    Lil Bit and libgirl2 like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread