+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: MasterChef Junior

Re: MasterChef Junior

It was so great to see Alexander go over to comfort Dara when she had her dizzy spell. He put his arms around her and comforted her. What a classy kid!
    shyra and Brooks like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I hope they reset the clock by a few minutes.

Joe? said Alexander's appetizer didn't have enough salt. Wouldn't it be expected that very young cooks would not be likely to season food enough? The palates at that young age might be more sensitive.

It looks to me like Gordon voted for Dara and the other two chose Alexander. We'll find out in a moment.

Yup, Alexander.
    Last edited by Brooks; 11-08-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm happy he won.

It was so close. I loved all the dishes, but Alexander's main dish was beautiful, that veal chop was cooked to perfection! I loved Dara's appetizers. I think Gordon was leaning toward Dara for the win as Brooks said. But I am so pleased for Alexander , he really has a very bight future ahead if he stays with cooking.

Note to Luca, you wouldn't have won against these two

Loved the show- looking forward to the next one for all the mini chefs
    pikachu and Photobabe like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I was NOT going to watch this competition, but I'm really glad I did. Those kids could teach the adults a lot about focusing on the competition and not the nastiness and drama that has become all too common.

Congrats to both Alexander and Dara. Impressive - both of you!!!
    Ellen likes this.

Dara won the appetizer. Alexander won the main dish. The dessert was a toss up, meaning they do not agree on who did better. Yea, I think Gordon was outvoted in the end.

FORT Fogey

I was happy with either winning but I found myself rooting for Dara, in my head, during that long pause, waiting for Gordon to announce the winner. She has been my favorite from day one. And I would have ordered her meal in a restaurant.

What a delightful show.

Before the taping I think they were given some information. They would have to have come prepared with an outline of what the challenges would or could be. I don't mean to take away from their skill by saying this. For instance, they knew going in that the finale was a 3 course meal. I could not come up with that on the fly. I think they had time to practice some techniques at home that would be called for, as well.

They also got some help along the way. Deep fat frying a fresh sardine, head and all, did not come out of Sara's head. I think Gordon gave her that idea. I wouldn't have known to do that.

I am looking forward to the next season.

A while back I found a blog written by a former Master Chef contestant. He commented that the info in his blog was not in accordance with the rules of the contract he signed. He kind of talked in circles, but it was evident that there was instruction given before each contest. He said when you hear a contestant say "I have never cooked this before" They actually mean they have never cooked that dish before going on the show.

I suspect those kids had some very good instruction prior to each challenge. That is not to take away from what they accomplished! I would have been happy to see either kid win.

If I were Alexander's mom I would be on Cloud 9 because of the win but also because of the caring he showed towards Dara. I somehow can't imagine that the adult contestants would have stopped mid final challenge to comfort a competitor in distress.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

The money will help with his higher education at chef school, whichever one he chooses. He said that was his plan in an early interview. So, at this point in his life, he has set his course for the future and has now received a leg up. Good on you, Alexander.

Both were absolutely adorable throughout the series. I'm glad the Minnie Mouse ears made it through every challenge. Good personal signature for Dara as she moves forward. I bet she is first to write a cook book.

I really enjoyed this show after first feeling very cynical about the exploitation of children at the hands of the terrible trio. I hope there is a second season.
    Brooks and AZChristian like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread