+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: MasterChef Junior

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: MasterChef Junior

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Good for you and Sara. I stand by my vote! For me, the age is irrelevant.
    I guess I'm different in that I like all kids, no matter their personality... because they're kids. The only thing that would bother me, (and I haven't seen it in this show), is if the kid was excessively rude or disrespectful. Then I might be tempted to say I'm not fond of a particular child.

I want to be clear that I like Dara, I just didn't appreciate the comment... at the end of the challenge they were all hugs, so I don't think it meant much overall... and I think Sara really understands it without anyone's help.

I'm consistantly impressed with Jack. My favourite line of his was when he instructed his partner to spray the pan with "altitude". Most kids would say from 'higher up' or something... it isn't the first time I've noticed his vocabulary is extensive for a ten year old!

ETA: I know that people have the right to like whoever the want. I get that. I guess I'm just at a loss when I see people who don't like kids because they aren't acting like little adults. Age , to me, is very relevant.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 10-14-2013 at 08:23 AM.
    Punkin, Lil Bit, Florimel and 1 others like this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When I mentioned that age was irrelevant to me, I was specifically talking about when hyperactivity and mania come into play. Don't like it in kids/don't like it in adults. Kids, in general, are usually fun to be around and talk to. I am also not a fan of pretentious people, age not withstanding, but I cut kids more of a break in that area; they make me laugh. HATE arrogant people....all ages.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What I've enjoyed about this show:
    (a) Finally! A network TV program demonstrates that food for kids does NOT need to be dumbed down. (I've known this firsthand from over a decade of tutoring Korean/Korean-American kids.) Seriously, restaurants, get rid of bland, fat "happy meals" and "kiddie menus."
    (b) Manners and sportsmanship. Obviously, the casting personnel weeded out the "young Krissy" types.
    Florimel likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have a friend who is a chicken fingers type of eater.....eeewwwww; her elementary school daughter loves veggies, salads, and eats more like her mother should. This kid is up for almost anything! She is most impressive! Don't know where she got her talent for good eating, because it certainly wasn't from her mother! I am soooo proud of her! I don't know if she cooks, though.
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    When I mentioned that age was irrelevant to me, I was specifically talking about when hyperactivity and mania come into play. Don't like it in kids/don't like it in adults. Kids, in general, are usually fun to be around and talk to. I am also not a fan of pretentious people, age not withstanding, but I cut kids more of a break in that area; they make me laugh. HATE arrogant people....all ages.
    I HATE arrogance as well. But not in kids. I tend to want to give them a lot of years to learn better. Because what they usually reflect is what they see in the adults close to them... they need a chance to grow and mature into the person they will be before being put to judgement.

JMO, of course.
    Punkin and JohnnyK like this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Hyper or not - Sarah puts most adults to shame with her manners and her ability to cook
    Florimel, spockwhat and JohnnyK like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    What I've enjoyed about this show:
    (a) Finally! A network TV program demonstrates that food for kids does NOT need to be dumbed down. (I've known this firsthand from over a decade of tutoring Korean/Korean-American kids.) Seriously, restaurants, get rid of bland, fat "happy meals" and "kiddie menus."
    (b) Manners and sportsmanship. Obviously, the casting personnel weeded out the "young Krissy" types.
    I'm with you on not dumbing down foods for kids. I introduced my own to a wide variety of cuisines as soon as they were old enough to chew. They each developed their likes and dislikes, but they had more to choose from than burgers and peanut butter and jelly; they had both, of course, but so much more.
    Ellen and Shoepie like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I love the kids on this show. I don't find them to be obnoxious. They all seem to be pretty level headed and frankly more mature than some adults I know.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Also watching Masterchief Junior On Demand. Some of the editing makes it very obvious who is going or who is not. Regardless those kids are fantastic and it is amazing that focusing on a skill like that that young just makes the person mature faster. These kids are articulate and focused and know what they want. Jack is strategizing as to what to pick to cook that would be hard for his main competitor. While their focus and dedication is amazing and inspiring at their age some of that potential arrogance and cockiness as an adult would be hard to tolerate.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie

What I like about this show is that the kids show more sportsmenship than any of the adults ever have shown.
    Punkin and MsDiva2007 like this.

+ Reply to Thread