+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: MasterChef Pool (seasons 1-4)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

MasterChef Pool (seasons 1-4)

MasterChef 4 starts tomorrow night!

I'm going to run a pool for the show and I have a quick question for people who might want to play--

You'll get to have one MasterChef to earn you double points.
    Would you rather have four Apprentice Chefs (cooks earning regular points) and one Sous Chef (reserve cooks, to be brought in when other cooks are eliminated), or three Apprentice Chefs and two Sous Chefs?

I'm working on a scoresheet now and trying to decide on the size of the teams.

In the past, there have been 18 cooks chosen to compete on the show. According to TV Guide, there will be 19 cooks chosen to compete this season. You'll get to see all 19 compete and then have your pool picks in by the following week so by the time the pool starts, there will be 18 contestants.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: MasterChef

I think I will go with a total team size of four cooks (including the MasterChef) and two reserve cooks.

After much debating, I decided to run the pool from this thread. I think more people watching the show will be reading this thread so this would be the best way to let them know about the pool. MasterChef doesn't have a forum of its own so I don't think I should start a separate thread for its pool.

I'll post more pool details when I get more information. Right now, we don't even know the contestants' names.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    MasterChef 4 starts tomorrow night!

I'm going to run a pool for the show and I have a quick question for people who might want to play--

You'll get to have one MasterChef to earn you double points.
    Would you rather have four Apprentice Chefs (cooks earning regular points) and one Sous Chef (reserve cooks, to be brought in when other cooks are eliminated), or three Apprentice Chefs and two Sous Chefs?

I'm working on a scoresheet now and trying to decide on the size of the teams.

In the past, there have been 18 cooks chosen to compete on the show. According to TV Guide, there will be 19 cooks chosen to compete this season. You'll get to see all 19 compete and then have your pool picks in by the following week so by the time the pool starts, there will be 18 contestants.
    3 and 2 works better for me can you use a switch if your master chef is cut?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Yes, you can use a reserve chef to replace your MasterChef. However, the reserve chef will not earn double points like your MasterChef did.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Well I'll come out and admit something.

The reason I randomized my pool picks in TAR and Survivor this last season is because I knew spoilers, which ended up being true, so I wanted to keep it fair.

Here, I don't know any spoilers and don't even know how I could, so I'll pick from the heart.

Thank you for being honest and not using spoilers as an advantage in the pools, Johnny! It's always a problem when running a pool because you don't know who might be using spoilers and if those spoilers will end up being accurate. At least our pools don't give out real prizes because that encourages unscrupulous people to scout out spoilers or sign up with multiple accounts to win the pool by cheating. It's just supposed to be fun for everyone.

Thank you for being honest and not using spoilers as an advantage in the pools, Johnny! It's always a problem when running a pool because you don't know who might be using spoilers and if those spoilers will end up being accurate. At least our pools don't give out real prizes because that encourages unscrupulous people to scout out spoilers or sign up with multiple accounts to win the pool by cheating. It's just supposed to be fun for everyone.
    So I shouldn't mail that wheel of cheese? :p
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

*Psst, tbamom...I'll give you a post office box to send it to so no one will know about it.

Cross border dairy shipping may be illegal and ill advised in the summer.

I have company coming in 2 days so I may have to record and watch on Sunday after they leave since I should be cleaning house tonight.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Well, I still happened to get lucky by getting first place in the Survivor pool.

Well, first place if you turn the list upside down, that is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast