+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: MasterChef Pool (seasons 1-4)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: MasterChef

Hahaha, silly thing!

Balancing a checkbook is a piece of cake compared to setting up a pool scoresheet. Although running a pool is definitely more fun!!
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Wow! From highest to lowest in the blink of an eye. This is going to be a fun pool with a lot of ups and downs I think.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Yeah, this show is really unpredictable! I was shocked when Jessie got one of the lowest scores and really afraid she might be going home.

It was hard to choose the chefs for my pool team because we didn't get to know all the cooks evenly. We hardly saw people like Lynn, Beth, and Bethy in the auditions (I didn't even know there were two Beths until the contestant list became available!) while we got overloads of people like Jessie, Jordan, Krissi, etc.

It's exciting, though, not knowing which way things are going to turn and everyone has a chance of coming out on top, regardless of how their pool team started off.

I only wish Masterchef had a forum of its own so we could have separate threads for each week's episodes, a separate pool thread, etc. Maybe if this thread becomes active enough this season, Masterchef can have a forum next season.
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Yeah, this show is really unpredictable! I was shocked when Jessie got one of the lowest scores and really afraid she might be going home.

It was hard to choose the chefs for my pool team because we didn't get to know all the cooks evenly. We hardly saw people like Lynn, Beth, and Bethy in the auditions (I didn't even know there were two Beths until the contestant list became available!) while we got overloads of people like Jessie, Jordan, Krissi, etc.

It's exciting, though, not knowing which way things are going to turn and everyone has a chance of coming out on top, regardless of how their pool team started off.

I only wish Masterchef had a forum of its own so we could have separate threads for each week's episodes, a separate pool thread, etc. Maybe if this thread becomes active enough this season, Masterchef can have a forum next season.
    I think it should, its way better than Hell Kitchen
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

What a great start. Only one not in the 100s.

Could we, like, ask a Mod if that's possible? ^

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post

After my abysmal performance with my last minute picks in the Project Runway Pool, I decided to do a little research on the players. I went to the official site and read some of the info about each contestant. I picked my players based on what they like to eat or cook. A few of them mentioned they liked beets so that was an automatic in to my team. It was a fun way to choose but since I've already lost a player, I don't know if it was the best way.

Pikachu, I share your wish for a forum for this show. It's a fun one and it'd be great to have those bios handy for everybody to read.

I didn't read the contestant bios before choosing my team. At one time I looked at the official site and they didn't even list the contestants so I didn't think to check back there after they chose the people for the show. Oh, well! I'm happy enough with my team and you never can tell about contestants by their experience or bios alone. Too often, people get eliminated from reality shows based on a fluke or a string of bad luck, plus you never know how they'll perform in a group under pressure. It might be very different from when they're cooking at home alone and know what they're going to make ahead of time and have time to prepare for it.

Wow-ie that scoring spreadsheet looks very complicated!! Thanks for running the pool for this show, it should be fun .

I read through the bios on Fox website since it had pictures of the chef and provided info on them. I honestly couldn't remember most of these people, so I based a lot of my pics on what was written on the Fox website. We'll see how that plays out LOL.

It would be nice if this show could get its own forum! Especially since there will be the Masterchef Kids spin off.

MasterChef Pool

Set up for MasterChef Pools.

48 posts transferred from Master Chef.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-07-2013 at 06:26 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: MasterChef Pool

I'm out of town on vacation so I probably won't get scores ready until I get back home (Sunday). I took my computer with me but we've been busy with activities. I haven't forgotten you all!

+ Reply to Thread