+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: MasterChef Pool (seasons 1-4)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: MasterChef Pool

Episode 23 Pool Results

Chefs’ Scores
    Jessie: 5 points
    Krissi: -10 points
    Luca: 15 points
    Natasha: 15 points

Episode 23 Scores
    Cheesy Sweets/Cootie: 20 points
    It's Raw!, Inc./JohnnyK: 5 points
    Mama Otter's/hmauterson: 20 points
    MC's MCs/Maybaybie: 0 points
    Roquefort Blues/pikachu: 15 points
    Spicy in the Pantry/PA Snow Bunny: 10 points
    Sweet 'n' Saucy/Florimel: 25 points
    The Soup Kitchen/xmaskat: 20 points
    Tiger Prawns/Hyper: 10 points
    Too Hot in the Kitchen/tbamom: 20 points

Highest Scores This Episode!
    1. Sweet 'n' Saucy (25)
    2. Cheesy Sweets (20)
    3. Mama Otter's (20)
    4. The Soup Kitchen (20)
    5. Too Hot in the Kitchen (20)

Krissi was eliminated on this episode. She had been included on four pool teams (MC’s MCs, Roquefort Blues, Spicy in the Pantry, Tiger Prawns) as a sous chef.

Sweet ‘n’ Saucy got the highest score this week!

Overall Scores
    Cheesy Sweets/Cootie : 734 points
    It's Raw!, Inc./JohnnyK: 773 points
    Mama Otter's/hmauterson: 857 points
    MC's MCs/Maybaybie: 936 points
    Roquefort Blues/pikachu: 1011 points
    Spicy in the Pantry/PA Snow Bunny: 902 points
    Sweet 'n' Saucy/Florimel: 915 points
    The Soup Kitchen/xmaskat: 795 points
    Tiger Prawns/Hyper: 1034 points
    Too Hot in the Kitchen/tbamom: 920 points

Top 5 Overall Scores!
    1. Tiger Prawns (1034)
    2. Roquefort Blues (1011)
    3. MC’s MCs (936)
    4. Too Hot in the Kitchen (920)
    5. Sweet ‘n’ Saucy (915)

Tiger Prawns stayed in first place with the highest overall score.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Episode 24 Pool Results

Chefs’ Scores
    Jessie: 5 points
    Luca: -20 points
    Natasha: 35 points

Episode 24 Scores
    Cheesy Sweets/Cootie: 40 points
    It's Raw!, Inc./JohnnyK: 5 points
    Mama Otter's/hmauterson: 40 points
    MC's MCs/Maybaybie: 10 points
    Roquefort Blues/pikachu: 45 points
    Spicy in the Pantry/PA Snow Bunny: 40 points
    Sweet 'n' Saucy/Florimel: 45 points
    The Soup Kitchen/xmaskat: 40 points
    Tiger Prawns/Hyper: 40 points
    Too Hot in the Kitchen/tbamom: -15 points

Highest Scores This Episode!
    1. Roquefort Blues (45)
    2. Sweet 'n' Saucy (45)
    3. Cheesy Sweets (40)
    4. Mama Otter's (40)
    5. Spicy in the Pantry (40)
    6. The Soup Kitchen (40)
    7. Tiger Prawns (40)

Luca got the lowest score in both challenges this episode so he lost a total of 30 points. However, he made it through to the finals with Natasha. Jessie was eliminated. She was a member of every pool team and the MasterChef on three pool teams. Her elimination put It’s Raw!, Inc. and MC’s MCs out of business, since they don’t have Luca or Natasha on their team.

Roquefort Blues and Sweet ‘n’ Saucy tied for the highest score this week!

Overall Scores
    Cheesy Sweets/Cootie : 774 points
    It's Raw!, Inc./JohnnyK: 778 points
    Mama Otter's/hmauterson: 897 points
    MC's MCs/Maybaybie: 946 points
    Roquefort Blues/pikachu: 1056 points
    Spicy in the Pantry/PA Snow Bunny: 942 points
    Sweet 'n' Saucy/Florimel: 960 points
    The Soup Kitchen/xmaskat: 835 points
    Tiger Prawns/Hyper: 1074 points
    Too Hot in the Kitchen/tbamom: 905 points

Top 5 Overall Scores!
    1. Tiger Prawns (1074)
    2. Roquefort Blues (1056)
    3. Sweet ‘n’ Saucy (960)
    4. MC’s MCs (946)
    5. Spicy in the Pantry (942)

Tiger Prawns has the highest overall score.

Two pool teams are out of the game.
    Seven pool teams have only Natasha left.
    One pool team has only Luca left.

The pool team that has Luca (Too Hot in the Kitchen) is 169 points behind the team with the current highest score (Tiger Prawns) so I think it’s safe to say, barring a miracle or a last minute twist to bring in an already eliminated contestant, Tiger Prawns has won the pool!

We’ll wait and see until the final episode has aired and then have a formal awards ceremony but I don’t see how anyone else can top Tiger Prawns at this time.

Also, it’s a pretty sure bet that It’s Raw!, Inc. will win the Wooden Knife Award for lowest score in the pool. They currently have four more points than Cheesy Sweets. However, Cheesy Sweets still has Natasha in the game. Whether she wins MasterChef or is the runner-up, she’ll earn enough points to put Cheesy Sweets’ score over It’s Raw!, Inc.’s score.

Tune in next week for the pool wrap-up and awards ceremony!!!

Thanks for doing this, Pikachu.
    If Luca wins I would like my prize to be chocolate fondue for all with an assortment of perfectly ripe berries.
    pikachu likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Welcome to the MasterChef pool awards show!

The show where everything is made up and the points don’t matter. Wait a minute…that’s Whose Line is it Anyway, not MasterChef. My bad. The judges’ scoring has been pretty arbitrary so naturally I got confused. Sometimes I wish I could press a buzzer and have the contestants do things differently until I get the result I want but it doesn’t work that way. I wouldn’t mind having Jeff Davis show up during tense moments in the pressure test to host a game of “Weird Houseguests”, or Wayne Brady dropping in during judging to sing a song to the contestants in the style of Barry White, or Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles pantomiming cooking along with the contestants while Brad Sherwood and Greg Proops provide their dialogue. But, I’m getting off the subject so back to the MasterChef pool awards.

Everyone arriving at the awards ceremony is handed an apron, ordered to put it on, and assigned to a cooking station to stand at while they await the judges. Some of the pool participants are surprised, as they hadn’t expected to be asked to cook today. They feel a little awkward wearing formal suits and glittery gowns, covered by aprons filthy with the sweat and tears of prior MasterChef contestants. A few wonder if they should preheat their oven, in case they’re challenged to bake a 10-tiered wedding cake in 45 minutes.

The three judges silently emerge from the shadows at opposite points of the arena, like the three Fates congregating to decide the destiny of newly born mortals. Gordon puts everyone at ease by announcing that they will not be cooking. He simply wanted them to stand in the kitchen, preparing for who-knows-what, so they could understand the pressure the contestants go through with every challenge. The pool participants are invited to leave their aprons at their workstations and take a seat in the auditorium to watch the proceedings.

Gordon prepares appetizers—bacon-wrapped scallops, blue cheese and plum tomato crostini, and lettuce wraps stuffed with roasted vegetables and tzatziki sauce—which Graham passes out on platters for the crowd to enjoy. Joe glowers grimly at people who are laughing, talking, and eating, then grabs the platters when they’re empty and slams them into a garbage bin, shattering them noisily.

The main course, served immediately before the presentation of the awards, is a choice between Szechuan duck with steamed rice and vegetables, prepared by Gordon, ground beef and black bean chili in a cornbread bowl, prepared by Graham, and eggplant lasagna with garlic bread, prepared by Joe. Many pool participants exchange bites of their entrees so they can sample all three dishes, although some stick to their own entrée and savor every bite.

Third place goes to Florimel, who impressed the judges with her signature dish of Chicken Soup with Matzoh Balls and led her kitchen, Sweet ‘n’ Saucy, to 985 points by the end of the series.

Pikachu, whose signature dish of Blue Cheese Tarts kept the judges coming back for more, ended the pool in second place with her kitchen, Roquefort Blues, accumulating 1,081 points.

The winner of the MasterChef 4 pool was Hyper, whose kitchen, Tiger Prawns, earned an outstanding 1,099 points. Her signature dish, Potato Salad, will be photographed for inclusion in some obscure cooking magazine sold only in Bangladesh, plus the recipe will be copied, renamed after Gordon Ramsey’s mother, and featured in his next cookbook.

Congratulations, Hyper! Here’s your winner’s avatar, commemorating your victory!

Coffee and dessert are served prior to the announcement of the Wooden Knife Award winner. Pool participants get a choice of Gordon’s No-Bake Berry Bread Pudding (you know how he hates to bake), Graham’s Cherry Cheesecake with a Graham Cracker Crust, and Joe’s Lemon Meringue Trifle, which puts his hot air to good use, torching the meringue crowning the dessert.

JohnnyK, whose kitchen, It’s Raw!, Inc., had their lights dimmed even before the finale, graciously accepts the Wooden Knife Award. He says he’s going to use the wooden knife to prepare his signature dish, sushi, when he gets home because he’s still hungry for more.

The Wooden Knife Award is yours, Johnny. Better luck next time but I hope you enjoyed the pool nevertheless!

Thank you to everyone who participated in the pool. If you want more pool action, check out the forums for the upcoming seasons of Dancing With the Stars, Survivor, and The Amazing Race. I’ll be running a pool for each of those shows and already have pool threads set up for them. 

The final scoresheet for this pool is below.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Yay.

Well I was glad to be a part of it anyway. At least I have another avatar I can use now.

Thanks pikachu! I can't believe I actually won a pool

As a Thank You to all my fellow competitors, I will be sending each and every one of you a copy of the magazine from Bangladesh which my potato salad was featured in... this will likely benefit the magazine as well since it will double their readership!!
    pikachu and Cootie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    Thanks pikachu! I can't believe I actually won a pool

As a Thank You to all my fellow competitors, I will be sending each and every one of you a copy of the magazine from Bangladesh which my potato salad was featured in... this will likely benefit the magazine as well since it will double their readership!!
    I am bowing down and graciously accepting your gift as long as you feed some of your award winning potato salad to the starving children of Bangladesh too. I've emailed Sally Struthers and she will fetch you in her private jet. Make sure to wave as you fly over Maine! Congratulations!
    Hyper likes this.

Congratulations, Hyper, on your yummilicious victory and to pikachu as runner up and first place as pool runner.

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did with this pool.
    Hyper and Cootie like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Next season, we need to get a forum for MasterChef so we can have the pool in the same forum as the show. Plus, it would be nice to have separate threads for contestant discussion and episode discussions.

Thanks, Pikachu. This was fun! I hope I looked good in my evening gown. The diet isn't going so well.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112