It premiers tonight.

Talk about it here!
    -- Information

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;4007476;
    It premiers tonight.

Talk about it here!
    -- Information
    THANKS for reminding me. I have been watching all the Ads ... looks good!!!
    KAREN

I'll be recording it. The ads looked good and it's nice seeing Ramsey having a bit of a heart (he got all teared up in one of the promos when telling one of the home cooks that they were on their way to being a real chef).

Graham Elliott is a judge? I'm not too sure about him, I lost a bit of love for him watching him on Top Chef Masters but I like his perspective so it may be interesting.

A description from Fox TV:

Famed chef Gordon Ramsay is bringing MASTERCHEF, a new culinary competition series based on the smash hit U.K. and Australian format, to FOX. MASTERCHEF conducted a nationwide search for the best home cooks in America, and through a series of exciting elimination rounds, will turn one of them into a culinary master.

Contestants on MASTERCHEF will be judged and mentored by Chef Gordon Ramsay, famed for his international empire of Michelin-starred restaurants and television series HELL'S KITCHEN and KITCHEN NIGHTMARES. Joining him on the judging panel are restaurateur and wine maker Joe Bastianich, owner of some of the most-celebrated Italian restaurants across the country; and Graham Elliot, the youngest four-star chef in the U.S. and mastermind behind Chicago's first "bistronomic" restaurant.

MASTERCHEF contestants will be put through their paces in a series of challenges designed to test their palate, food knowledge, passion and culinary skills both inside and outside the kitchen. As they're whittled down, they'll face increasing pressure, from being asked to slice and dice a truckload of onions to creating incredible gourmet dishes from boxes full of random ingredients to providing an all-American send-off meal for hundreds of U.S. Marines to catering a high-end wedding.

The series will serve as a unique platform for people from all walks of life who want to make a big change and follow their dream of becoming a culinary legend. The winner of America's first-ever MASTERCHEF will also walk away with a quarter of a million dollars and will publish his or her own cookbook.

MASTERCHEF is produced by Reveille, Shine TV and One Potato Two Potato and is based on a format created by Franc Roddam and Shine TV. Shine International handles distribution for the MASTERCHEF format. Elisabeth Murdoch, Franc Roddam, Mark Koops, Howard T. Owens, Gordon Ramsay, Adeline Ramage Rooney, Pat Llewellyn, J.D. Roth and Todd Nelson serve as executive producers.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I will reserve judgment until the competition really starts.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I loved it!!!!!! I watch about every cooking show out there and there is something so refreshing about people who love to cook but don't seem to love themselves more.. what a great idea for a show and I found myself rooting for practically everyone, made me realize something else - I am gaga for Gordon R!

I'm quite enjoying it do far, but the bald judge is trying really hard to be the resident jerk.

I liked Michael, the server who was there with his two brothers.
    I agree with Ramsay that he moved like a chef.
    I enjoyed watching how he moved.
    "That's Numberwang!"

There was a show on in the UK many years ago called Master Chef.
    I thought this might just be a US version, but it's obviously going to be completely different.
    I was disappointed when it ended and could watch another episode right away.
    I'm very enthusiastic about this show, hope it can live up to the promise I think it's shown.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Only halfway through here, but I like it.

I agree, Michael was terrific. They guy with the beer and cheese soup was just weird.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I liked it!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;4009027;
    Only halfway through here, but I like it.

I agree, Michael was terrific. They guy with the beer and cheese soup was just weird.
    Ugh, it was as though he just took two things he loved and decided to make them into a soup.
    Can you imagine the kind of stuff you could create using that formula?
    Pizza and lemonade soup? Tuna and Mountain Dew?
    Having said that, it was such a bizarre idea to me that I wanted it to taste good because it seemed that anyone who could make it tasty would have some pretty serious culinary talent.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread