+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

I think they have a perfect final 2.. they have been my favorite 2 for a long time. Every time Josh or Christine cooks something, my mouth waters just looking at it.. and they are both a lot of fun to watch in the kitchen. I was ecstatic to see Becky crash and burn, and basically it was her ego that beat her. I am rooting for Christine, she's amazing.. I'd love it she got a show on the food network .. but I will be happy with either one winning.. it will be a fanastic final battle though!
    ...I can't wait until the first pictures come thru of some other being destroying the Mars Rover

I also liked seeing Becky get eliminated.
    taracran and Cornholio like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Here's a nice interview with Becky.

Interview w/ Becky

She doesn't sound as bad as the editing made her out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo View Post
    Here's a nice interview with Becky.

Interview w/ Becky

She doesn't sound as bad as the editing made her out to be.
    Thank you for the link ..She sounds like she is in a good place.I dont think any of them are as as bad, or as good as their edits.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Not happy the finale is tonight as I have to work
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I have to say I haven't been a Josh fan since he was eliminated and I really don't like when bootees get a second chance, so I was rooting for Christine. (I technically was rooting for Frank, but that wasn't going to happen). That being said, I do think Josh should have won tonight- in fact, I was sure it was a foregone conclusion after I saw all the food. Josh's plates were beautiful and he had so many techniques and different components to each. I was a little disappointed in Christine's- her dishes seemed to lack the wow factor and although I'm sure they tasted good, the judges didn't seem blown away. I thought her pork belly plate looked rather sloppy and the white rice seemed like something to occupy space on the plate. She also used a slow cooker because it is easier for her, but getting a rack of lamb to perfect med.rare takes some skill. A pressure cooker- not so much. For appetizers, Josh had lobster, sweet potato, grits, sauce, and other things I couldn't identify. He didn't cook his lobster correctly, but the plate did look amazing. Christine made salad with some crab on top. The veggies were cool looking, but that was about it. For dessert Josh made ice cream and pie and Christine just made sorbet. I have been really impressed with Christine's abilities and palate (and I still am), but I truly think Josh deserved the win on this one. Oh well..on to Masterchef 4.

Going by the feedback, it seems like Josh lost the appetizer round by something of a margin with his raw lobster, then tied with Christine on the entrees round, before winning the dessert round by probably as much a margin as he lost the starter round, so, on that aspect, it seems like they tied, so they gave the matchup to Christine for having a better progression.

Either way, either could have won.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Regular

I thought Josh was going to win it looking at his beautiful plating but once again flavour trumps aesthetics.Christine's menu was a lot smarter and more balanced. I had to agree with one of the judges who commented that Josh's menu is heavy. And uncooked lobster is a no no. So I am happy that Christine won.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I really wanted a Frank/Becky final two with Frank winning, but, since it was Christine and Josh, I'm glad Christine won!

Congrats Christine. She deserved to win over Josh. I must admit I cried along with her- that smile gets me everytime
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread