+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 207 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    True, I don't think she would have.jmho
    Yes, who knows? And I doubt they will have them make souffle twice.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Isn't winning MasterChef supposedly about a home cook who is ready to make the leap to a professional kitchen? If so, how many professional kitchens actually serve souffles, percentage-wise?

Although, to be fair, I'm fairly certain Christine's visual impairment would limit her ability to function in a professional kitchen as well.
    Revenge is ice cream.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I absolutely love Christine. She has not let her personal challenge get her down. She has - without a doubt - one of the best palates we've seen on any competitive TV cooking show. Having said that, though, I don't think she could win. The simple fact is her blindness slows her down. On many of the team challenges, it seems she may not have been pulling an equal part of the task, simply because the rest of the team had to compensate for her unavoidable slower pace. She couldn't watch what the others were doing (remember the tag team challenge with Becky?) in order to coordinate the food preparation. It all had to be - literally - "hands on." Had she been required to do the souffle challenge, I'm not sure she could have competed successfully because of the tight time frame. The final challenge is usually a real humdinger. I'm just not sure she can function at the pace necessary.

But if the opportunity arises for her to compete in the final challenge, I want to be WRONG about what I've just said. She is an amazing woman, and a very gifted chef.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    If Christine does go next, then it will probably be the most emotional elimination of the season where everybody including the judges cry. Didn't that happen with Ben Starr last season?
    I would not be surprised to see Gordon offer her a postion with him doing something to do with creating flavor profiles.
    AZChristian likes this.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I would not be surprised to see Gordon offer her a postion with him doing something to do with creating flavor profiles.
    I would be surprised only if he didn't offer Christine a position. Ramsay values a really good palate over anything else.

I agree, he really values her palate and he respects her, not easy to spot with him.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

A friend of mine tweeted Marcus Samuelson because Rooster's menu is inaccessible (it doesn't work with screen readers). Samuelson is now working on updating his site, but what we all thought was really interesting was that he's also looking for a blind chef to work in his kitchen. (I haven't heard anything lately so I don't know if this has gone any further. But a bunch of us will be in NYC in October for an accessibility camp and I believe we're going to Rooster at some point, so I should find out more then.)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    A friend of mine tweeted Marcus Samuelson because Rooster's menu is inaccessible (it doesn't work with screen readers). Samuelson is now working on updating his site, but what we all thought was really interesting was that he's also looking for a blind chef to work in his kitchen. (I haven't heard anything lately so I don't know if this has gone any further. But a bunch of us will be in NYC in October for an accessibility camp and I believe we're going to Rooster at some point, so I should find out more then.)
    I don't know who this person is or this restaurant. Why is he looking for a blind chef? Can you give me some more details, please? thanks

ETA: I know this guy. I just googled him. But I dont know why he wants a blind chef, though.

I don't know who this person is or this restaurant. Why is he looking for a blind chef? Can you give me some more details, please? thanks

ETA: I know this guy. I just googled him. But I dont know why he wants a blind chef, though.
    My friend said that Samuelson was interested in accessibility once the website problems were pointed out. I haven't looked, so I don't know if the problems have been fixed yet or not. But I'll see my friend in a couple of weeks and I'll try to remember to ask him.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

YAY! So glad to see Christine in the final!

+ Reply to Thread