+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144194 ... LastLast
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I've been grumpy ever since the episode where they brought everyone back and got rid of Stacy after she did such a great job (and made just about all the parts, like the ricotta. At least, I think it was ricotta.)
    I totally thought that Stacey deserved to come back over Josh. Her dish was more technically complicated and better executed IMO
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I'm sad that Frank was eliminated over Josh. As soon as I saw the texture of Josh's chocolate souffle and remembered hearing Graham's comment that he wanted it to taste "like a cloud" I knew Josh was in. Which sucks because I have a suspicion that Frank's souffles may have tasted better.
    I thought that was pretty much it, too, with how Joe said something about the "technically perfect" one or whatever. I'm a little embarrassed to say I've never eaten a souffle, let alone made one, but light and fluffy seems to be the standard? Because I think even Joe said something about the flavor of Frank's but still said Josh's won.

I liked Frank a lot, I hope he will have some kind of publicity from this and hope to see something of him in the future. What a way to go, though, making three different types of the same dessert!

I also think they've done a pretty good job of not over-pushing Chrstine's blindness. And in at least one episode, IIRC, one or two of the judges did give her some grief over a dish below what they expected of her. Had she not been paired with Becky in this latest, and others earlier, though, I just don't think she could've completed, let alone won, some of the challenges. Nothing against her or her obvious skills, but the challenges are just not made with any breathing room on them...like three different steak served simultaneously or three souffles or...

I'm okay with whoever wins, would have preferred Frank but since he's out, no big qualms with anyone. Even Josh because he really did cook his way out of multiple elimination challenges.

Still cannot believe that Josh is still there and Frank went home.
    Go Christine!!!!!!!!!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I was definitely expecting a Frank/Becky finale, but now I am hoping that Christine wins. I didn't like the idea of them setting up a sob-story about Christine and trying to keep her to keep the story going, but she has more than proven herself and the majority of cooks being eliminated have said they would like to see her win. They wouldn't say that just because she is blind - she has proven herself in this competition.

But, I do think it will be good publicity for the show if they have the first ever visually impaired person win the whole thing.
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I'm seriously choked over this. Frank is too much of a gentleman to say he got robbed, so I'll say it for him.

So, since I cannot stand Becky or Josh, Christine is my pick...but I don't think they'll let that happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders
    But, I do think it will be good publicity for the show if they have the first ever visually impaired person win the whole thing.
    And it all makes me wonder if the fix IS in. I think Christine has the best chance to win at this point. This show is really about who can sell cookbooks... isn't Christine really the one to do that?
    Neither Becky nor Josh have had stellar edits, yet Christine smells like roses at this point. If it were Christine and Frank in the final two, it would be harder to argue a Christine win... (as others have mentioned, she mostly leans towards east Asian cooking, whereas Frank is very diverse)... but everyone will be quite happy if she beats Josh.

My guess is a final of Josh and Christine.
    Shoepie likes this.

I'm going with a Becky/Josh final because I've got this lingering gut feeling that they're going to go some sort of shocking/heart wrenching moment that suddenly shows Christine's limitations. Either that or she loses at the final 2 if she gets there. She's had some slips in the show with a couple dishes so she hasn't been all perfect. Though I do find it suspicious that all the elimination challenges that had more to do with sight she seemed to not be a part of.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

If Christine does go next, then it will probably be the most emotional elimination of the season where everybody including the judges cry. Didn't that happen with Ben Starr last season?
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I'm going with a Becky/Josh final because I've got this lingering gut feeling that they're going to go some sort of shocking/heart wrenching moment that suddenly shows Christine's limitations. Either that or she loses at the final 2 if she gets there. She's had some slips in the show with a couple dishes so she hasn't been all perfect. Though I do find it suspicious that all the elimination challenges that had more to do with sight she seemed to not be a part of.
    I thought it telling, when Christine said she could never have done 3 different souffles. Well, a masterchef should be able to.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought it telling, when Christine said she could never have done 3 different souffles. Well, a masterchef should be able to.
    Very true, but she wasn't in the challenge and we really don't know for sure if she would have pulled it off or not.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Very true, but she wasn't in the challenge and we really don't know for sure if she would have pulled it off or not.
    True, I don't think she would have.jmho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread