+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 207 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193 ... LastLast
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    At this point I want either Christine or Becky to win.
    Same here JohnnyK
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Call me mean, but tbh I originally did not want Christine to win because I didn't want the big story to go out and pull it all off. But at this point, maybe I do want just that.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Call me mean, but tbh I originally did not want Christine to win because I didn't want the big story to go out and pull it all off. But at this point, maybe I do want just that.
    I know what you mean. But I think for the first time on a reality show, the "story" hasn't been shoved in our faces ad nauseum. Yes, the judges have made comments about her abilities due to the blindness and we've seen some of how her helper assists her but really, her cooking and skill has spoken for itself. She hasn't gotten any special passes or concessions for her disability in any of the challenges and she's performed great. Josh, on the other hand, was eliminated fair and square. I don't think they should have brought anyone back and if the final challenges are more tailored to his skill or he somehow wins over either Becky or Christine, then it will definitely seem like show manipulation.

I'm sad that Frank was eliminated over Josh. As soon as I saw the texture of Josh's chocolate souffle and remembered hearing Graham's comment that he wanted it to taste "like a cloud" I knew Josh was in. Which sucks because I have a suspicion that Frank's souffles may have tasted better.
    Florimel and its_glinda_now like this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

FORT Fogey

I just wonder about the first time ever contestant returning and Josh's amazing string of good luck since he did. For some reason, they wanted him to win?

I've been grumpy ever since the episode where they brought everyone back and got rid of Stacy after she did such a great job (and made just about all the parts, like the ricotta. At least, I think it was ricotta.)

It really does look like they want Josh to win. Although I was wondering if they were "punishing" Frank for what happened last week (saying that he'd send Josh upstairs and then going himself).

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post

It really does look like they want Josh to win. Although I was wondering if they were "punishing" Frank for what happened last week (saying that he'd send Josh upstairs and then going himself).
    I don't think so. I think they want to justify bringing Josh back and I do think his souffles looked light and fluffy. Frank's chocolate souffle looked like it was tough and crusty on top.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I was sad to see Frank go. I think he is definitely a better overall cook than Josh and am a bit surprised that they sent him home. I was hoping for Frank to win. Now, I don't particularly care. Josh and Becky both come off as unlikeable, and apparently Christine can do no wrong, which I find impossible in a cooking show. Every chef has a bad dish now and again.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Josh's souffles were perfect. They had to let Frank go. Had to. I can see Christine winning this handily.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I've been grumpy ever since the episode where they brought everyone back and got rid of Stacy after she did such a great job (and made just about all the parts, like the ricotta. At least, I think it was ricotta.)

Yeah, I normally hate to whine about reality outcomes but this seems like a really obvious case of "the fix was in". Frank has easily been the top male chef throughout the whole competition and I have to agree with libgirl - this really seems like justification for bringing Josh back.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm fine with Josh or Christine winning, really Christine should take this thing....
    libgirl2 likes this.
    ...I can't wait until the first pictures come thru of some other being destroying the Mars Rover

+ Reply to Thread