+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 207 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

FORT Regular

Re: MasterChef

Looks like Slim's dish gets tossed into the bin without being tasted by baldy next week.

FORT Fogey

I think the final pressure challenge is a good idea but executed poorly. The last person had an easy time knowing they had one more to get to stay because they had all the time to really study things and realize that just one more needed to be said. I think they should all go as far as they can, and not know what they need to win it.

I hated to see Slim leave the show, but she really had to go. Honestly, I didn't understand her thought processes. Why did she keep thinking her idea of a romantic dish was good even when they told her no it wasn't. She continued to say it was.

Then there was the guy who barely stayed who cooked the garlic and pasta dish. Even after the judge told him he was TOO much garlic, he insisted he knew better and stayed with it. Why not LISTEN to advice. He almost went home over it. I wonder about his judgment too.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Watched the show for the first time...I did like it. I didn't give it a chance before because of Gordon Ramsay's potty mouth from Hell's Kitchen. Was very happy to see the softer side of Gordon (which I assume is more like the real life Gordon).

That sudden burst of emotion from Joe (?) last night had me cracking up. I love him on this show.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I was sorry to see Jake go, but now that we're down to this few, I'll be sorry to see most of them go. I'm enjoying the show, but don't really have a favorite.

I was glad that the pressure challenge was a cooking one. I didn't like seeing anyone sent home over a non-cooking challenge. I wish they'd do the non-cooking challenges as the first challenge where the winner gets ane advantage in the following challenge.

It became clear watching this last night that the previous elimination method would have been the wrong way to let someone go--cooking was the right way, and it looked like the outcome was fair.
    I don't know man I don't know man I don't know man I don't know I don't know

I like the show, but it gets on my nerves the way they set up so many scenes for dramatic effect. Like when Gordon will say after tasting a dish "The thing about your dish is...........I want seconds." He will pause and try to fake you out. I notice they do that a lot. It's just too much of it IMO.

Also, I didn't like the fact that one judge threw Slim's food in the trash. That is not necessary!!!!!!!!! He hadn't even tried it. I think Gordon didn't like that either.

Ah shoot, my favorite part was Slim's food going in the garbage and I don't blame him for not trying it. It was apparent to him it wasn't good and didn't meet the challenge guidelines. While none of the dishes screamed passion to me, her's especially didn't.

I'm slightly amused at the egos on the contestants getting slowly but surely inflated over the course of this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4053747;
    I like the show, but it gets on my nerves the way they set up so many scenes for dramatic effect. Like when Gordon will say after tasting a dish "The thing about your dish is...........I want seconds." He will pause and try to fake you out. I notice they do that a lot. It's just too much of it IMO.

Also, I didn't like the fact that one judge threw Slim's food in the trash. That is not necessary!!!!!!!!! He hadn't even tried it. I think Gordon didn't like that either.

I agree...after he threw it in the trash....did you see Gordon's face...I think it was the reddest I'd ever seen it, even compared to when he is screaming at people on Hell's Kitchen!

+ Reply to Thread