+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 207 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990130180 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    To be fair to Bastianich, Felix was carrying Monti in terms of knowledge, and Monti herself admitted to not knowing much about sushi, if I recall correctly. That said, Monti was a workhorse during the challenge, so it's not like she was dead weight either. I think you might just be letting your dislike of Bastianich color your perception of what he says.
    Yeah, that was my main gripe, he made it sound like Monti was dead weight, when she was not. Maybe any other contestant would've made mistakes, but Monti was on point. Bastianich just has this ability to sound so condescending, such a difference from his mom.

So, he's the Simon Cowell of MasterChef? I mean, every reality show's got to have one, right?
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fogey

I think they knew who they wanted in the two person face-off. I can't imagine how good that mousse was, it looked like crap

Does anyone else notice how Joe always scrapes the fork against his teeth when he tastes the food as he stares the contestant down? Watch when he tastes it!

I know that there will be some anti-Monti sneering about her reaction to the live prawns, but I feel the same way she does about boiling live creatures to death.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

How much do I love Frank?! I think I have a RealityCrush happening...

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Does anyone else notice how Joe always scrapes the fork against his teeth when he tastes the food as he stares the contestant down? Watch when he tastes it!
    I know! I told my son last year that he's never to eat like that :-) Drives me nuts.
    Cornholio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    How much do I love Frank?! I think I have a RealityCrush happening...
    You will have to fight me for him
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I just have three points:

1. How can Dave still be there when he had a GIGANTIC advantage and he totally frittered it away. Heck, even Jennifer last season didn't screw up as bad when she gave up immunity and cooked in the truffle challenge (or the meat/potato dish).

2. Felix's dessert looked bad, but it didn't look NEARLY as disgusting as Josh's. (Am disappointed when saw the teaser for next week.

3. I too have noticed Joe's habit, and all I can say is he's just weird there - I can't even figure out a reason for judging purposes to use that technique (now - if it were to get rid of sticky residue of burned whole wheat cornbread out of his teeth - yeah. And no, I'm not exaggerating there: I had to do that for a judging contest and ended up eating a hole little dish of pickles to get the taste out).
    Cornholio and wannasee like this.

FORT Newbie

I though David should have gone home, how can you forget rice when you have an advantage?
    libgirl2, Cornholio and wannasee like this.

+ Reply to Thread