+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 207 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889129179 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: MasterChef

So, Josh is back. I like him because he seems like a nice guy, but I don't generally like it when losers get to come back in.

Quote Originally Posted by DaynaWayna View Post
    I had to come on here and check to see who won the head to head competition, and I am SO GLAD it's Josh! I will simply say that I can't STAND Ryan and leave it at that, otherwise my post will get beaten with the Big Mod Stick because I can't say anything nice about him. Actually, I'll let the smilies tell you what I think/how I feel about him.

I agree! I am so happy it was Josh
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I am glad, too, but boy, was I worried for a little bit! Other than that, kinda agree with the earlier post that the eliminated should not come back. I was confused about the Mystery Box challenge, too, couldn't figure out why so many didn't use the pork chop! (I was having trouble trying to think what to make with that bunch of ingredients - closest I could come was some kind of mole sauce for the pork...)

Ah, darn it. Figures, I say I don't want Josh, Ryan or Tali back, and look what happens. Also, this one was just plain odd. I don't know, it looked to me like Stacey and Mike were the most impressive. Both their dishes had great presentation, Mike showed great range by showing them something they had never seen from him before, and Stacey even made her own fresh pasta and homemade ricotta. I don't know, it all feels wonky, seems like they picked Josh out of favoritism and Ryan because of the high amount of drama he could create whether he was chosen to return or not. Worst episode of the season so far, that's for sure.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Ah, darn it. Figures, I say I don't want Josh, Ryan or Tali back, and look what happens. Also, this one was just plain odd. I don't know, it looked to me like Stacey and Mike were the most impressive. Both their dishes had great presentation, Mike showed great range by showing them something they had never seen from him before, and Stacey even made her own fresh pasta and homemade ricotta. I don't know, it all feels wonky, seems like they picked Josh out of favoritism and Ryan because of the high amount of drama he could create whether he was chosen to return or not. Worst episode of the season so far, that's for sure.
    I agree it was just plain odd.

Wasn't Josh the one that made the delicious mousse, but it looked like a soft turd on the plate? How did that even beat Stacey's dish? They all thought her dish was impressive in appearance and taste and they didn't know how she cooked everything she did in the time alloted. Yet, she didn't make the final two. Stacey, at the very least, got robbed there.
    ETA: I have to add that I've never seen mousse just plopped on a plate before. Why didn't he just grab a small bowl or even a glass?
    Last edited by spockwhat; 07-24-2012 at 08:19 AM.

CCL

I did think Stacey would be in with her mystery box dish. I think dramatics did have a part in picking Ryan to go into the final two. Not that his dish didn't look good (well, it was ok, I didn't find it that impressive looking) but Stacey's looked better).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I definitely think that Stacey got robbed. Her dish was the most technically difficult and the judges all said it tasted great. I think Josh is a good cook but disagree that his mousse was a better dish than either Stacey's or Mike's.

Tali is a total waste of space and Tanya was disappointing.

I kind of liked how they did the tarte judging and appreciated being able to hear the comments. I also liked that the contestants took their roles as food judges seriously and not from a "playing the game" standpoint.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I found some serious heavy editing here....

There is no way that someone can take a crust out of the oven (and not put it in the fridge) and have it cool in less than 10 minutes- especially cool enough to add the custard. They showed the clock with 12 minutes left and Josh checking his crust and it still wasn't done. Then he takes it out, fans it for a second or two, and adds the custard and all the heavy fruit to the top. The custard didn't have time to set and artfully arranging all that fruit takes time- not 60 seconds. There is also the brushing of the glaze on top.I call shenanigans!

FORT Fanatic

what was up with ryan using maraschino cherries? that's not even a legit fruit! i wonder if they had that fake green "fruit" used in christmas fruit cakes in the store room, if he would have used that too.
    libgirl2 likes this.

I was thrilled Josh made it back and agree that Ryan was only selected for the drama... it should have been Mike, his flan looked amazing. But I think it was more dramatic to have the "bad guy" vs. the "good guy".
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread