+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 207 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687127177 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

If Ryan or Tali do make it and get shoved right back out again - it'll be the first time I didn't mind a revolving door. In fact, it'd be funny.

Though I'd also be disappointed a talented cook loses another chance to make it to the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    If Ryan or Tali do make it and get shoved right back out again - it'll be the first time I didn't mind a revolving door. In fact, it'd be funny.

Though I'd also be disappointed a talented cook loses another chance to make it to the finals.
    Same here.

I doubt they will make it back.I think its a dumb idea.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Meh. I'm not sure I like how that all played out. Sushi, hard enough but tag team sushi? I think that's something where they should be judged entirely on their own merits. I missed a little bit but can anyone tell me why it was the judges sent Stacie home and not Christine? I was thinking it had something to do with overall performance but really, they were at a huge disadvantage and I would have liked to see some strong warnings but no one go home. :-( The ones I saw coming back to try and get back in were Ryan, Tali, Josh, Cowboy Mike and Angela (I think her name was?). I don't know if they may just not have shown all the ones getting a chance, I sure think Stacie should have been included if she wasn't among them.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    Meh. I'm not sure I like how that all played out. Sushi, hard enough but tag team sushi? I think that's something where they should be judged entirely on their own merits. I missed a little bit but can anyone tell me why it was the judges sent Stacie home and not Christine? I was thinking it had something to do with overall performance but really, they were at a huge disadvantage and I would have liked to see some strong warnings but no one go home. :-( The ones I saw coming back to try and get back in were Ryan, Tali, Josh, Cowboy Mike and Angela (I think her name was?). I don't know if they may just not have shown all the ones getting a chance, I sure think Stacie should have been included if she wasn't among them.
    Stacey was sent home because she panicked. She practically froze and was not able to do the California roll despite Christine's urging. Christine actually did better in this challenge than Stacey, the rice was well cooked and seasoned. I would have been disappointed if they sent Christine home instead of Stacey, but overall, David should have been sent home. He lucked out because his team was not the worse or he would have gone home.

It was pretty clear who had to go in each episode. Stacey was never too noticeable, except for her dislike of Becky's constantly being on top. I don't mind Becky doing well, or at least I wouldn't if she weren't an overdramatic witch. And I'm not sorry Josh is gone either, he always had a bad ego during certain times, and it shwoed a lot before he got eliminated. Couldn't even hug Felix like the others did. Good riddance.

Out of the six I saw in the preview, I'm fine with either Tanya, Mike or Anna returning. Josh, Ryan and Tali can stay away. I wonder how they'll do to keep it fair. Perhaps the others iill have to taste dishes without knowing who cooked them?

It hasn't been clear to me.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It hasn't been clear to me.
    Me either. Quite a few times I was sure Tali was going to go, but he stayed. I was surprised when Tanya left as well, considering how well she had finally done really well on a challenge just before.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

The winner will probably be one of the people we've seen at the auditions. So that would rule out Becky.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf View Post
    Me either. Quite a few times I was sure Tali was going to go, but he stayed. I was surprised when Tanya left as well, considering how well she had finally done really well on a challenge just before.
    I was honestly not surprised by Tanya's elimination. Considering she had raw flatbread, raw eggplant, and a whole raw garlic clove in her dish, her elimination was quite justified, in my opinion. Mike was, to me, the surprise elimination, especially when David and Tali were so disastruous and it was Mike's first bad dish.

I must say, though, in the sushi challenge, stupid Bastianich was annoying the hell out of me with his constant put-downs of Monti. Throughout the challenge, he more than one made comments that pretty much alluded to him seeing her as weak, stuff like "Felix carrying Monti" and "Felix using Monti". Now that's just demeaning. It was not "using" or "carrying", it was teamwork and Monti having no trouble in taking instructions from somebody with experience in the dish and then executing her well. Bastianish is seriously such a tool most of the time.

To be fair to Bastianich, Felix was carrying Monti in terms of knowledge, and Monti herself admitted to not knowing much about sushi, if I recall correctly. That said, Monti was a workhorse during the challenge, so it's not like she was dead weight either. I think you might just be letting your dislike of Bastianich color your perception of what he says.
    Revenge is ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread