+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 207 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123173 ... LastLast
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    It was odd how much the salmon tripped up Christina! It's such an easy fish! And, then she did the unthinkable and breaded it. Panko or regular, who breads salmon? It's such a beautiful fish that it will be amazing with a drizzle of olive oil, some garlic salt, and lemon. It's almost impossible to screw up! I just keep wondering why she struggled. Maybe just an off-night...
    I will seem uncouth, but I have had breaded salmon. Thing was - it was only on the top part so it stayed moist and delicious.

I kinda wish she had thought of a salmon burger - had one in Seattle a few years ago and it was delicious. It's got the fish, a dressing kinda like the one mentioned above on seasoning, and some sort of lettuce.

I really think she overthought the creativity and that caused the mistake. Seeing Ramsay's reaction, I think he really does want to see her go far, but it's getting harder so that makes it heard for him.

I also agree with the one who said once David is gone, it will be an interesting cookoff. After that, if anyone other than Becky wins I'll be happy, but if she wins it'll be OK too because at least she can cook.

I would however like a guy to win - especially if there has been no male winner yet (I've only seen this and last season).

FORT Fogey

I was surprised David lasted these two weeks. He served raw burgers from the food truck and while that is not the reason to send someone home after the challenge, it should have been considered. The raw tuna again showed the same issue and he lucked out again....amazing
    nanaslbkp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I was surprised David lasted these two weeks. He served raw burgers from the food truck and while that is not the reason to send someone home after the challenge, it should have been considered. The raw tuna again showed the same issue and he lucked out again....amazing
    I've never seen the draw, but raw tuna actually is a delicacy. I think Morimoto has a dish that features raw ahi tuna pulverised with several delicate toppings - well all but one: wasabi.

That's why arrogant baldy judge (Joe?) said he'd had a hit if he just served it raw with a bit of lemon and other seasoning. But raw as he prepared it was wrong - and the judges were insulted by it for that reason.

But David was saved because Tali had been put on notice after he left his workstation in a disaster last week that one more screwup he was gone. That would've cost him his job with the mess, so he should've gotten the hint.

(BTW - I did like the Uni/sea urchin challenge, and I loved how they lit them - it was beautiful).

Honestly, it just seemed so out of character for Christina to bread salmon...just not her style at all.
    Do you think TPTB sometimes ask some of the contestants to take a fall for drama reasons?? Probably assure them that it won't make a difference in the outcome?
    Just smelled funny to me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Honestly, it just seemed so out of character for Christina to bread salmon...just not her style at all.
    Do you think TPTB sometimes ask some of the contestants to take a fall for drama reasons?? Probably assure them that it won't make a difference in the outcome?
    I was shocked at this too but I don't think they asked her to take a fall. Any manipulation is in the choosing of the cast; they want personalities. I think that is as far as it goes with this one. I do think the judges would eliminate someone who has not performed well in general to someone who failed on one dish in the daily challenges. And I belive they kept Tali beyond when they should have for the sake of entertainment. The best cook will win.

No - because cooking is something that you can't really manipulate without it being obvious (save the exploding equipment Monti seems to have).

Plus, at least in Christine's case, that could be seen as a bit discrimination - i.e. that she has been a fluke and producing good dishes has been luck because she's blind and shouldn't produce good dishes.

It was fishy . I think Christine panicked, I dont think they would manipulate her.

My hat is off to that girl. I applaud her every step of the way
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I for one could do without ever seeing the innards of a sea urchin ever again. Blech! There are some things that no matter how delicious you tell me they are, I will never consider a delicacy. Ever.

Glad to see Tali gone finally. David is next for sure although I think Josh may be on the bubble too. Liking Frank more and more. I thought using eggplant with the catfish was really creative. Also, I have to say that I am really appreciating how the show is handling Christine's disability. Her helper is really unobtrusive, the judges don't mention her blindness ad nauseum, and she really lets her cooking speak for itself. Next week will be interesting though because it seems her blindness will finally become a detriment when she's cooking on that open grill. We shall see.
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    After that, if anyone other than Becky wins I'll be happy, but if she wins it'll be OK too because at least she can cook.
    I agree that Becky's been acting like a total b*tch as of late. However, that does not mean I don't think she could win this season (I wasn't a fan of former beauty queen Jennifer from last season, yet she won). Unlike Ryan and Tali, Becky has been able (more times than not) to back up her mouth with her cooking so it is a tad inaccurate to compare Becky to those two morons (Not to mention that both Ryan & Tali were complete tools who couldn't back anything up). Other contestants have named Becky as a major threat in the competition and have tried to get her ousted. The only person who has really tripped Becky up and got her close to being eliminated one time (albeit unintentionally) was Tanya and Tanya is gone. Both Ryan & Felix, OTOH, intentionally tried to get rid of Becky in the elimination tests by giving her harder stuff. However, they both failed miserably (Ryan is gone and I suspect Felix isn't far behind). So far, no one has named Becky as a weak link. The only person who probably had a personal issue with Becky was Stacy (Tattoo Lady), yet it is a mystery to me why she would pick Becky to be on her team in spite of that fact.

If Becky was truly a total b*tch, then how come other contestants have picked her first to be on their teams (except Stacy) whenever they had a chance to pick their team members? This is clearly editing at work here. Becky reminds me of Kendra Todd (The Apprentice Season 3 winner) based on similar personality aspects. Frankly, I won't be surprised if Becky wins.

I agree...I think editing is manipulating some of Becky's role. She definitely seems like a talented cook to me.
    I like her so far, even with the bad rap others are giving her. A lot of that could be jealousy.

+ Reply to Thread