+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 207 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120170 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Yay at him finally being gone.
    Its about time!
    JohnnyK likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Funniest line of the night was from Tali: I can use everything I've learned here out in the real world.

Has anyone else seen any indication that Tali is even in touch with the real world?
    Yeah... but what he created was so bad - and you'd THINK he'd realize that he was on the judge's hot button ejection seat after the messy workstation fiasco he'd try to keep it simple stupid.

(oh, BTW, his "new and inventive" individual spoons with the sea urchin and its roe? - Forgot which chef it was, but that was done before - on the Japanese version of "Iron Chef.")

I do agree with the comments I think on the tuna - had that chef kept it simple and even did it raw with a simple dipping sauce he'd hit it out of the park.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Why are these judges so mean to Felix? It seems like they go out of their way to try and make her cry every week. She won this week, but then they went right for the jugular at the elimination challenge.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    Why are these judges so mean to Felix? It seems like they go out of their way to try and make her cry every week. She won this week, but then they went right for the jugular at the elimination challenge.
    I dont know why. Maybe they need to pick on someone, and shes an easy target
    maude~flanders likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

From the way I feel - this week it was because she gave simple fish to people who have been consistently good in the kitchen and then bombed the dish. In a way, not given them the harder fish may have been seen by the judges as a slap in the face because they know these chefs can do better but didn't.

I didn't see the show last night but so glad Tali is gone!!! I couldn't figure out how he stuck around for so long!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

David, as annoying as he has been, at least is not delusional about how good he is. I can live with that.

Tali, on the other hand, is insane, and not in the good way, but in the, "I wouldn't be surprised if he was dropped on his head as a baby, and then again as a child and again as a teenager" kind of way. What does he mean, nobody's done his type of dish before? You see that type of dish on Top Chef all the flipping time. Joe giving him grief over talking too much, made me smile.

Joe just taking a minute to teach Josh was a nice touch, in my opinion. Felix giving him Sardines, that's just a nice little joke to me, especially given his response.

Becky's getting a bit too snarky for my tastes. Christine, I think, is being influenced by those around her due to her inability to see.

Maybe they want her to improve a lot because they see her as a possible winner?
    Revenge is ice cream.

Becky is so horribly annoying, who would buy her cookbook?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

So glad Tali is gone! He should have been gone a long time ago, imho. Becky is just plain irritating now, she thinks so highly of herself, she has the skills to back up a lot of what she says though, so she isn't quite as delusional as Tali. But still, she needs to check herself.

I know a lot of people don't like Monti, and I can sort of see why, but I'm still rooting for since so many of the other contestants seem to keep putting her down. It was definitely "fishy" (bahahaha) that she had no idea what the John Dory was, yet filleted such a difficult fish so easily though.

Christine had one bad dish. Oh well. Everyone has a bad dish once in a while. It was her first, she knocks it out of the park pretty much every other time, so she gets slack on that one I think. Her and Frank are both really good and have a real shot to win this I think. I am hoping Becky doesn't, and I'm pretty sure Monti won't. The rest will all be gone soon I think.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

It was definitely "fishy" (bahahaha) that she had no idea what the John Dory was, yet filleted such a difficult fish so easily though
    Wasn't it though. Made me go hmmm
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread