+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 207 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: MasterChef

Oh brother on the Walmart product placement ad!!

But, here's the thing: don't they say that they are being judged on that dish only when there is an elimination? Or , do they say it has to do with their entire performance? Because, there was only one dish that the judge spit out and said was inedible. If it was judged solely on that performance, she would have been the obvious one to leave. So, the judges are looking at past performance, and probably who keeps some drama going, when they eliminate someone. An average nice guy doesn't have a chance in that case.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I wasn't a fan. I like my commercials "in" the actual commercials, not the shows I'm watching.
    With people using their DVR's so much and skipping ads, I have a feeling we may get more and more of this kind of thing. The sponsors are going to have to find a way around letting us skip their commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Feeling Frank love. Perhaps it's the Italian food, or the great steak, or maybe I just like a man who can make a killer Tiramisu.

I really liked Scott, but I think it was a fair ousting, as his performances have been really inconsistant. Both Becky and Felix have been fairly strong in the competition to this point. I would have rather seen David or Tali hit the bottom 3, but what do you do?

Christine has been a favourite, so I was disappointed with her lack of strawberries in her strawberry shortcake. Duh.
    I have grown to like Frank too - I think they're keeping him under the radar now though so we can see him stand out when some of the more annoying contestants are eliminated.

Felix I felt was screwed no matter what based on how she laid out her tiramisu.

Christine I'm surprised didn't have strawberries on her shortcake. That said, the one Scott made must've been really bad for that to have happened.

And - I just had this feeling that unless someone in the Tiramisu or Triffle really truly royally blew it - and I mean more than Becky or Felix's levels, the shortcake one was going to be ousted because out of the three - this one was by far the easiest one to make. Who hasn't had strawberry shortcake of some form?

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    With people using their DVR's so much and skipping ads, I have a feeling we may get more and more of this kind of thing. The sponsors are going to have to find a way around letting us skip their commercials.
    I skip commercials, so this is a way around it.Plus it was good to see that a meal like that was $15.00.I know someone who pays way way more for fast food. Or Junk food
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

None of the 3 favourite desserts do a thing for me. Give me chocolate or something citrusy anyday.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We've been dieting for several months, and I'd pretty much lost my craving for sweets. Then I saw that tiramisu. I looked at hubby and said, "Can we run up to Olive Garden?"

No.

Darn.

FORT Fogey

It was a successful product placement---- It made me go "HMM...$15 for all that?"

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    It was a successful product placement---- It made me go "HMM...$15 for all that?"
    For Walmart - the items in the box yes. Fruits and veggies mostly are reasonable there, and the size of steak at most is $7.

Add to it the pantry staples though, no, it's not. They would have to technically say a $20 supply list for a $45 or so dinner.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I just felt the product placement was kind of lame. I neither hated nor liked it. I suppose I've grown used to them in other shows.

If I can step back an episode, there was an incident I'd like to comment on. During the breakfast at the hotel, Ramsey called for them to stop when Felix was outside of the room... she was working on plating in the hall. She rushed back in and continued working. He started yelling at her, and then when she tried to explain that she didn't hear, he called her a cheater. Completely unfair. We knew she wasn't cheating, only that she didn't hear him. And again, in last night's episode, the judges were absolutely brutal to her, once again, bringing her to tears.
    Makes me wonder if they are picking on her because they know she'll break down and we'll feel bad for her or what. Also, Ramsey should have known that we would SEE that she wasn't cheating and KNOW that he knew she wasn't cheating either. All he managed to do was make himself look like an ass for drama.

I rolled my eyes at the Walmart placement and yes, with all the pantry ingredients it was over $15.

They are not judging by just the dish, because I don't think Scott's was the most awful. They didn't spit it out. I really want to try trifle now.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread