+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 207 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 2070
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

  1. #571
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,675

    Re: MasterChef

    It was on air, I thought it odd, but I guess I have seen and heard worse.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  2. #572
    To the Point
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,557

    Re: MasterChef

    Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    Look, I'm bloke and I was offended by the "joke", and there's no way you can say he's "obviously kidding around", because it wasn't even shown on air (or if it was, I didn't catch it). If a woman feels that showing her breasts to soldiers in appreciation for what they've done, that's on her; there's seriously no place for a bloke to be saying that kind of thing, particularly if the bloke's justification is, like Monti said, because food wasn't coming out of the kitchen.

    Reality is, that's not joke; that's sexual harassment. What'd I'd like to see is for Ryan to be slapped with a lawsuit over it, or at least taken down a peg or ten.
    It was shown on air during the challenge as they awaited having the outcome determine by the soldiers. It was tasteless and crass. I've dealt with those kind of remarks too often in my life and no matter the intent, it's not acceptable. I'm not a Monti fan. I just don't think this was appropriate. If it was a line fed to him he should have been man enough to say NO!

    Off my soap box now.
    Florimel and AZChristian like this.

  3. #573
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,834

    Re: MasterChef

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    They put those shots in wherever they like (edit edit edit)
    I guess when you watch reality shows enough, you can tell

    I have never heard of Chopped, is it still on?
    It runs new shows on the food network Tuesday evenings and repeats throughout the week. They cook with funky things and combinations all the time. Three courses each with a mystery basket.... you might have a basket of sweetbreads, gummy bears and sake for an appetizer, entree or dessert! It takes some creativity to turn a sweetbread into a dessert!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  4. #574
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,675

    Re: MasterChef

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    It runs new shows on the food network Tuesday evenings and repeats throughout the week. They cook with funky things and combinations all the time. Three courses each with a mystery basket.... you might have a basket of sweetbreads, gummy bears and sake for an appetizer, entree or dessert! It takes some creativity to turn a sweetbread into a dessert!
    Thank you. I think I watch too much TV as it is, but I shall have to add this to my list
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  5. #575
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,834

    Re: MasterChef

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Thank you. I think I watch too much TV as it is, but I shall have to add this to my list
    My husband says I am obsessed with the show! I like it because they have foods I have never even heard of and its fun to see what they do with it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  6. #576
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,675

    Re: MasterChef

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    My husband says I am obsessed with the show! I like it because they have foods I have never even heard of and its fun to see what they do with it.
    Well, as I posted before. I don't like cooking, my husband OTOH does. So it's a win win- I find him recipes

    The trouble I have is, some food shows up.We know we would love to try it and we can never find it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  7. #577
    FORT Fanatic wannasee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    436

    Re: MasterChef

    As soon as they said the mystery box was offal, I was thinking about the sweetbreads, not knowing if they even had them! Haven't had for years but they are delicious and this shows, amazingly versatile in how to cook. The crab competition...I really thought Tali would go home because no one even tasted his, did they? The big guy made a play of grabbing a claw and digging something out of of that mess in the middle of the plate but didn't even taste it (or barely did). I kept thinking Ryan might do something that I could like him a little but...no. The best I can do is consider that there is something just way, socially "off" about him and try to feel sorry for him.

  8. #578
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,675

    Re: MasterChef

    Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    As soon as they said the mystery box was offal, I was thinking about the sweetbreads, not knowing if they even had them! Haven't had for years but they are delicious and this shows, amazingly versatile in how to cook. The crab competition...I really thought Tali would go home because no one even tasted his, did they? The big guy made a play of grabbing a claw and digging something out of of that mess in the middle of the plate but didn't even taste it (or barely did). I kept thinking Ryan might do something that I could like him a little but...no. The best I can do is consider that there is something just way, socially "off" about him and try to feel sorry for him.
    Tali should have gone home,- it was a mess.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  9. #579
    Unofficial Nomster Rembrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,078

    Re: MasterChef

    Do I even need to get into Ryan? he got raised with an extra dose of douche in his meals, it seems. His comment about the girls flashing the troops was not cute or anything of the sort, especially because he barely just met these women. It was crass, rude, trashy and highly inappropriate. Everything that comes out of his mouth is gross and I can't wait for him to be gone, same with dumbass Tali and his stupid hat. I feel the judges booted Helene only to keep Ryan and Tali as their show's villains. Everybody else is likeable to an extent (Becky got close to jerk territory but has so far kept out of it), so it's obvious they want keep the two a-holes. It's the only reason they've allowed Tali to sttay around, considering he's been a failure so far and been on the bottom so much already.

  10. #580
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: MasterChef

    Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    . His comment about the girls flashing the troops was not cute or anything of the sort, especially because he barely just met these women. It was crass, rude, trashy and highly inappropriate. Everything that comes out of his mouth is gross and I can't wait for him to be gone, same with dumbass Tali and his stupid hat.
    Personally (JMO) I don't think it's "sexual harassment"...idiots say idiotic things all the time.
    When it happens and you don't like it, speak up then, deal with it, really, really tell them off and then it's over......... Probably only until he makes another stupid remark. I think Marti brings it up because then the focus is back on her. One of the problems here also is that far too many dumb women do flash their boobs for idiotic reasons.
    When someone says something wildly inappropriate like Ryan did, just get right into his face and tell him off and then leave it alone (unless it keeps happening.)
    To me it smacks of just another example of "victim-hood" speech and people who are "offended" that abounds in our society today.
    Sorry....I think I may just have become a cranky opinionated no-nonsense old lady who has trouble dealing with all the political correctness around us.
    Hyper likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.