+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 207 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    While I don't think there is someone like this in this batch, I just remember Mr. Narcissist from last year who thought he was so hot stuff and he couldn't have "possibly" cooked something wrong he ate off his plate while judging and joe called him out on it.
    That was Christian, who ended up third. Ryan Umane (I could do it better than them [the restaurant]) guy might be this season's arrogant guy, but I don't think he'll be as bad. David Mack also gives off an arrogant vibe, but haven't really seen him on camera, so there's no way to tell if he actually is.
    Revenge is ice cream.

The dish that the bearded southern guy made (don't remember his name) looked like a dish I make... and that my family loves.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Only saw the last half again tonight. Funny that we just had the conversation re tired old risotto and Beef Wellington...and now they're back!

I'm still cringing at the sand in the mushrooms...ick. I'm glad David got sent home. I'm also glad Helene stayed. I thought Joe was unnecessarily harsh to her. I get his point, but it seemed overblown the way he delivered it.

I'm sick of Monti already. No sympathy for this drama queen. I never understand people who go on reality shows to "make a better life" for their children. How about a boring but steady job like the rest of us?
    bee stung lips likes this.

I know I was like them - while you don't scrub them (you can risk losing their flavor) you ALWAYS rinse the mushrooms to get sand out, particularly kinds that grow with the caps close to the ground or like truffles.

And Felix was smart for two reasons - 1. she chose a deceptively simple dish to make them cook and 2. she went straight up to the second floor and stayed safe. Last season's winner was very lucky that her deep desire to cook with truffles didn't eliminate her.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    The dish that the bearded southern guy made (don't remember his name) looked like a dish I make... and that my family loves.
    It looked to me like a shepherd's pie, made with cornbread instead of mashed potatoes. I realize it's probably not elaborate enough for Ramsay & co., but it looked like something my family would definitely enjoy.

My daughter was wondering how some of them made risotto if they had never done it before. I looked up recipes & now I'm wondering, too. Did they ask another contestant? Or were they given basic instructions?

I'm inspired to try it now myself, going to give it a go this weekend.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    It was Ranch Stew with a cornbread topping .Bubba I think his name was.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

It's too bad Bubba didn't make it through. Joel though I was somewhat glad to see get eliminated. Any other notable people that were cut before the top 18?

And I know it's been a while but,

I can't believe they didn't keep Luca yet they let through that a-hole dude who made the ravioli he didn't even taste. WTH?
    Who was that? I can't remember.

Ryan's going to be insufferable, isn't he? At least Becky is honest. I can understand why the judges were angry with Helene; it's good to stretch your limits, but you still need to cook food properly. Glad the bearded David is gone; guess I was right when I said he had an arrogant vibe, speaking of his "greatness" even after screwing up and not washing mushrooms properly, then saying he did the assignment. The David that's left annoys me for some reason; he seems unnecessarily vindictive and intolerant, and a bit of an ego as well.

Monti is definitely annoying, but maybe she has no marketable job skills; if I recall correctly, she hasn't worked since she's had a kid so she could be a stay-at-home mom. Not really an excuse, but it might be reason enough in her mind.

Right now, I want Monti, David and Ryan gone; Tali too, but not as much.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    It looked to me like a shepherd's pie, made with cornbread instead of mashed potatoes. I realize it's probably not elaborate enough for Ramsay & co., but it looked like something my family would definitely enjoy.

My daughter was wondering how some of them made risotto if they had never done it before. I looked up recipes & now I'm wondering, too. Did they ask another contestant? Or were they given basic instructions?

I'm inspired to try it now myself, going to give it a go this weekend.
    I thought in the first season they were looking at basic recipes when making some items especially the baking items and then they fancied up the food how they desired but they didn't talk about it on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Who was that? I can't remember.
    Johnny - are you asking who Luca was or who the a-hole was? I think ravioli guy is the guy from last night who said " as the italian in the group, it's up to me to make something italian" and I already forgot what he made.

I have only been watching peripherally this year (while doing other projects) and keep missing things like what everyone's name is and other small details. No one is really grabbing me yet. Last year with Ben and Max and Guiseppe - I had a lot more people I was interested in. This year - I don't know - something feels missing.

PS - I just looked on Wikipedia and OMG - Monti's full name is "Monti Carlo" You have got to be kidding me. No wonder she's got issues.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread