+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 207 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;4023712;
    And finally, my Italian family has been making pasta fagioli for years with chick peas instead of canneloni beans. I never even knew it was made with cannelonis until a few years ago, much less that that was the "standard" way of doing it.
    Pasta e fagioli (beans) and pasta e ceci (chick peas), are different. As a child, I complained when my mom made either of them. I've grown to like the one with chick peas, but still can't stomach the one with beans.

I am watching the 2nd episode now and Graham makes me want to turn it off. Not sure what it is about him but I just don't care for him at all.

50 bucks says the construction worker that Kilo-Graham vouched for doesn't make it past next week.

Wow, they really lost a lot of people last night.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;4025484;
    Pasta e fagioli (beans) and pasta e ceci (chick peas), are different. As a child, I complained when my mom made either of them. I've grown to like the one with chick peas, but still can't stomach the one with beans.
    Interesting - I never heard that before. Regional perhaps? I seem to recall hearing the names used interchangeably.

I quite liked this week's episode. Much more than the HK finale that's for sure. I really liked the focus on the egg dishes and hearing the chef-judges' comments about them. I also liked seeing the different types of egg dishes the contestants came up with and which ones went over well and not so well with the judges. Frankly, I was quite surprised at some of the eliminations. I thought the hispanic girl who had been sent home to recook during the auditions was going to make it through. And GR has found his whipping boy hasn't he - that poor kid who had originally tried to do his version of seafood bouillabaise. I felt so bad for him when Gordo was in his face about the lumpy potatoes.

And finally, what the heck happened to the special needs mom contestant? I know I saw her make it through the onion chopping challenge but I didn't see her at all during the egg challenge?????

I am really liking this show although I do not like the little judge. Not sure what his name is but he seems like a snob!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The mom with the special needs children was eliminated in the egg challenge. It was a brief glimpse of her as they announced that a trio (of which she was a member) had been eliminated; she got no individual face time.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks prhoshay - I must have blinked and missed that. Sad to see her go and would have liked to have seen what all 3 of the eliminees's dishes were.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I totally agree, because I was curious about what she made that got her offed, but I guess they didn't think it was time-worthy. I usually don't remember contestants, but I did remember her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

I like this show a LOT better than Hell's Kitchen

HK really bores me..it is so wrapped up in the idea of running a restaurant kitchen and getting meals out on "time"....might as well watch other boring jobs...here is the mailperson putting the mail in the mailboxes "on time"..
    here is a clerk at the Gap hanging clothes on the rack etc

MasterChef is more about making an individual dish, more like Top Chef in a way...but with ingredients and dishes I might/could possibly make myself

I like the fact that so far they have been able to showcase their own best dish and I liked the egg challenge

Much better than watching them on the "line" in Hell's Kitchen

+ Reply to Thread