+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 207 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

FORT Fogey

Re: MasterChef

Christian lives in coastal MA so apparenlty he does fish. I think Ben mentioned that in his blog. Somebody said that Christian was drinking from the cooking wine a la Christine....and somebody just mentioned "his sobriety" as an issue..YIKES!!!

So glad you all saw through Suzie's woman envy. I hate when women act like that and pit themselves against other women.

I did notice Christian drinking the cooking wine from the bottle so I'm not sure where in his sobriety he is. We also wondered a lot why and how he's a stay at home dad for his nine year old son as a single father. Maybe he's independently wealthy? I don't know it seemed odd.

I don't mind Jennifer winning. I think she faced some bias from other contestants because of her looks and her being female, and I was glad to see her keep fighting and come out on top. I would have been happy with either of them winning.

Fort Member

I have tried to watch this as I am a real fan of the Australian version and the UK version
    The US one is based on the Australian version but its like they took just some of the elements, made it nastier and took out some of the real good bits (can not compare either to the UK version as it is completely different in almost every way but still really good to watch)
    I frustratingly watched about half of the 1st season and and I found out who won via the inertnet and could not watch any more of it as I thought she should not have made it past week 1 let alone won
    Now I started watching season 2 as it only started here a couple of weeks ago (12 contestants left) and I cant watch anymore
    Maybe if I was not so aware of the differences between the US version and the Australian version I may like it better but the differences are what make the Australian one so much better.

I saw a new Swiffer commercial (the ones where the dirt is left behind by the broom) and I swear the girl in the dirt costume is Whitney, the winner from season 1. Has anyone else seen this commercial? Do you think it's here?

New series started tonight; some interesting characters so far; I don't see the blind contestant making it out of the skills challenge.
    Revenge is ice cream.

She won't go much further. She can't participate in a pantry rush and how can she navigate unfamiliar ingredients? It's great she is so skilled but this isn't a good forum for her skills - just being in a strange kitchen with different utensils, appliances, etc and being timed...can't see it working. I'm sure they gave her more than 5 minutes to "plate" in that round.

Too early to tell if there's any real frontrunners but I think the young Asian guy is a good bet to go far.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I saw the first episode. Pretty good so far. At the moment I can't remember any advancements other than the Asian guy, Christine (is that the blind woman's name?), tall guy, and Danger's mom. That wasn't all of them was it? I think I like the Asian guy the best so far.

Loved the young Asian guy. He was so cute! I also really liked that tall guy, he had a good attitude and they seemed to really like his dish. I am rooting for them so far.
    I agree with you all about the blind woman, I just don't see how she'll be able to last in the competition - but I knew they'd put her through anyway.
    I didn't really think there was anything special about Danger's mom, she seemed just ok to me.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I liked the tall guy and asian guy. The army guy's story was so sad, but I don't see him going that far because you could tell that his food wasn't that good. They advanced him for his story.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Felix and Bubba <3

The promo spoiled some of whom make it through the next round.

+ Reply to Thread