+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 207 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

All of the final three had ended up in the bottom at one time or other. Each time, someone else did worse.

I'm still not seeing why Christian was all that great. At least both Jen and Adrian won a lot (relatively speaking, given how many tests there were.) Even Ben Starr's final blog entry about Master Chef really promoted Christian. (Note to Ben: Not to downplay your opinion, but I would never want to work under Christian if he was an Executive Chef. Even Gordon Ramsay likes people to have opinions.)

Suzie was a bee-yotch. I liked Rattus' distinction between Christian and Suzie...I think that said a lot. And for Suzie to say that Jen took her (Suzie's) spot? That just shows how delusional Suzie was. (Or is. All I know is, if I ever end up in Chicago again on a business trip, her food truck will be the last place I even think of eating.)
    Duckyface likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Suzie was a bee-yotch. I liked Rattus' distinction between Christian and Suzie...I think that said a lot. And for Suzie to say that Jen took her (Suzie's) spot? That just shows how delusional Suzie was. (Or is. All I know is, if I ever end up in Chicago again on a business trip, her food truck will be the last place I even think of eating.)
    Once again, Susie is just one of those women who pit themselves against other women. She believes life is a competition (no men included) and will be catty to get her way. 'Jennifer took her spot, Jennifer won challenges because of her smile', etc. Understandable in her mind that a guy would beat her but not another woman. It's really sad, I'd rather see a woman back another woman unreasonably than the other way around. Ah, well.

It was fun chatting with you all this season, can't wait for the next one!
    Duckyface likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    All of the final three had ended up in the bottom at one time or other. Each time, someone else did worse.
    "worse" is subjective. I really think Jennifer was a predetermined winner. She was TV gold, pretty, a former beauty queen, personable and could cry on cue.

Did anybody else hear the intro to Christian. They called him a "single father" giving the impression that there was no wife. At first, the "stay at home father" gave me the impression he was married and somehow it was in my head that the "wife" had helped him turn his life around.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Did anybody else hear the intro to Christian. They called him a "single father" giving the impression that there was no wife. At first, the "stay at home father" gave me the impression he was married and somehow it was in my head that the "wife" had helped him turn his life around.
    Here's a question. Doesn't he have a 9-year-old son? Did he mention younger kids? If your son is 9, and (we assume) in school . . . why are you at home all day? Can't hold a job, Mr. Rage????

FORT Fogey

Jennifer was my favorite from the begining. I believe she won based on her skill. She created some outstanding dishes. Everything isn't arranged on these reality shows! I give her credit!
    sunshine3331 and spockwhat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Jennifer was my favorite from the begining. I believe she won based on her skill. She created some outstanding dishes. Everything isn't arranged on these reality shows! I give her credit!
    Her ravioli with mushroom looked so good! My mouth was watering just looking at it. My husband who doesn't like mushrooms or eggs wasn't impressed! lol!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

I will grant you she did some very good dishes and some major failures....but the fact that she wasn't an unattractive troll didn't hurt her at all.......and we will be seeing more of Jennifer than we did of the previous winner

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Here's a question. Doesn't he have a 9-year-old son? Did he mention younger kids? If your son is 9, and (we assume) in school . . . why are you at home all day? Can't hold a job, Mr. Rage????
    There has been mention of drug problems. Perhaps he's still early in his recovery and is not ready to take on the stress of employment. I'm not really defending him, just offering a possible reason for his being stay at home. We don't really know.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much
    "worse" is subjective. I really think Jennifer was a predetermined winner. She was TV gold, pretty, a former beauty queen, personable and could cry on cue.
    Eek, I find this a bit bothersome. If they wanted TV gold, they would have found a way to keep Ben.
    I agree with Shoepie... Adrien and Jennifer both did really well. Jennifer just won the day at the finale!
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post

He was labeled as a "stay at home dad", but he mentioned that he had to "fight for custody of his son" and also fight all his life for things including his sobriety....it seems like he is not getting paid to cook, not sure where he gets his income to purchase all the expensive seafood he loves to cook...we probably would have found out more if he had made it to the final two.

BTW...I know I mentioned this several times before but I still can't get over it!!! LOL....

ok...sooo for his last challenge, he had to whip up a lemon meringue pie which he had never made before....how do you do that without a recipe? I am convinced more than ever that when the contestants are faced with a challenge to make the same thing, they are given a basic recipe that they can reference but can add their own twists to.

I have made dozens of lemon meringue pies but probably haven't baked one in about 2-3 years (I know I posted a picture on this forum of one that I baked years ago) and I doubt I could "whip" one up without a basic recipe.... plus...they were given one hour to do so.... first you have to make the crust and give it adequate time to harden in the fridge and then bake it in the oven ......then you have to allow time for the curd to cool....once the curd cools, all you have to do is assemble and sort of just brown the meringue but I seriously doubt you could present a perfect pie ...start to finish...in ONE hour....just saying!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    but I seriously doubt you could present a perfect pie ...start to finish...in ONE hour....just saying!
    I've questioned most of the times for any of the cooking. I'd go running screaming out of there.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread