+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 207 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

This is good news about Christian out at #3 - I was trying to decide whether or not to watch tonight - I will now be watching for sure!
    Allie likes this.

I was suprised but I think the choclate cake was the nail.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Pardon me for taking perverse pleasure in seeing Christian need flour and the only person to have some is Jennifer. As she said, "Karma's a b****." He made that bed, and deserved to lie in it.

Over the season Jennifer had one more win than Adrien and what is interesting is in two of the 3 Jennifer won she was up against Adrien for the final decision - so she had established an ability of besting him. I really would have been happy with either one as I felt they were both really wonderful cooks - I do think Jennifer was a little more consistent even though she took a lot of chances. Adrien played it a little safer over the season, but had an amazing natural ability for unusual flavors that worked beautifully together. Loved both of them.

As much as I disliked Christian and his arrogant attitude toward others, Suzy really had a somewhat vicious streak when it came to Jennifer especially, but also the other contestants. She totally shot daggers, as well as making ugly comments, when others were better than she and refused to accept the fact. Even in the first hour of the Finale she said Jennifer stole her spot...when actually Jennifer was safe in that challenge, so it was actually Christian who won over her and "stole her spot".
    Last edited by JenCos; 08-16-2011 at 11:43 PM.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JenCos View Post
    Over the season Jennifer had one more win than Adrien and what is interesting is in two of the 3 Jennifer won she was up against Adrien for the final decision - so she had established an ability of besting him. I really would have been happy with either one as I felt they were both really wonderful cooks - I do think Jennifer was a little more consistent even though she took a lot of chances. Adrien played it a little safer over the season, but had an amazing natural ability for unusual flavors that worked beautifully together. Loved both of them.

As much as I disliked Christian and his arrogant attitude toward others, Suzy really had a somewhat vicious streak when it came to Jennifer especially, but also the other contestants. She totally shot daggers, as well as making ugly comments, when others were better than she and refused to accept the fact. Even in the first hour of the Finale she said Jennifer stole her spot...when actually Jennifer was safe in that challenge, so it was actually Christian who won over her and "stole her spot".
    Susie is just one of those girls who will take the guy's side over the girls out of jealousy and spite. Hopefully she'll grow out of that stupidity, but many don't.

I was really hoping for an Adrien when it came down to it, but I think Gordon won out over the other two judges... he was just all over Jennifer to win. She'll probably sell more cookbooks anyway. Truth be told, I desperately want the recipe for the mushroom ragu ravioli... that looked so so good... so I may take a peek at a cookbook of hers. I admire her willingness to take big risks and quite often she succeeds when she does. It was when she played it safe that she did poorly. So good for her!

I got nominated to drive to swim team practice tonight, so I didn't get home until after 9 pm. My husband had already called to tell me that Christian was out of the finale...yippee!

I would have been happy with either Jen or Adrian winning.

I was happy that it was going to be Jennifer and Adrien as the final two, and would be happy with whomever won. What probably helped Jennifer was taking that big risk in the final elimination challenge over Christian's a bit more safe dish. The mushroom dish truly looked delicious and it was a huge risk that paid off. Had her egg broke or been hard boiled, no doubt she'd been eliminated.

Plus, I have to admit... I truly loved Christian's reaction when he thought he was giving Jennifer an "In your face/tough" food item, but Jennifer lives in an area where it's king, and he ends up with veal. Mushrooms also are pretty versatile compared to veal, so it'd been a better choice to take it over the protein.

A satisfying ending; however, I would like to see a man win the next season. So far the winners I believe have been women, but deserving ones at that.

Wow I couldn't believe Jennifer won. I didn't even think she would last let alone win. I thought she should have been gone before Max after making mistakes 3 in a row....pouring truffle oil on her dish, putting nutmeg in ravioli pasta, and another one I can't remember. Plus she has been bottom 3 a few times too. I think Christian was setup when he had to go against Suzie, the pastry gal, on a dessert challenge. This was deja vu all over again. Remember last year when Sharone and the pastry princess/cupcake queen, Whitney were given a dessert challenge for the pressure cooker test? It looked quite suspicious to me. Only this time, Suzie blew it more than Christian. Then in the final 3 it seems Christian was setup again. Of course, Adrien will choose the octopus because Christian, the seafood king, would nail that one. So why would they have mushroom as one of the main ingredients to choose? Because Jennifer is the mushroom queen. Sure enough, Christian selected the veal thinking that Jennifer wouldn't know how to cook mushrooms.

I thought Adrien was going to win but based on the judging, Joe I think wanted him to win based on the entree alone because it trumped all the other dishes. The appetizer I think they were leaning just little bit toward's Jennifer's because the prawns in Adrien's appetizer were a bit lacking. However, Adrien faltered more in the dessert than Jennifer. So Jennifer won. I think they should do some scoring in the Final 2. Because by the way it sounded, they all really loved and impressed by Adrien's entree dish and probably would have been enough to win the whole thing for him.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 08-17-2011 at 03:13 AM.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Wow I couldn't believe Jennifer won. I didn't even think she would last let alone win. I thought she should have been gone before Max after making mistakes 3 in a row....pouring truffle oil on her dish, putting nutmeg in ravioli pasta, and another one I can't remember. Plus she has been bottom 3 a few times too. I think Christian was setup when he had to go against Suzie, the pastry gal, on a dessert challenge. This was deja vu all over again. Remember last year when Sharone and the pastry princess/cupcake queen, Whitney were given a dessert challenge for the pressure cooker test? It looked quite suspicious to me. Only this time, Suzie blew it more than Christian. Then in the final 3 it seems Christian was setup again. Of course, Adrien will choose the octopus because Christian, the seafood king, would nail that one. So why would they have mushroom as one of the main ingredients to choose? Because Jennifer is the mushroom queen. Sure enough, Christian selected the veal thinking that Jennifer wouldn't know how to cook mushrooms.
    Thing is, if Christian wasn't such a jerk and had bothered to get to know the other competitors instead of setting them up as enemies, he may have known that Jennifer was really good with mushrooms. Christian's own decision that he wasn't there to "make friends" set him up for failure. I may be wrong but it seemed to me that Adrien knew... and heck, they all knew that Christian was good with octopus/seafood because he wouldn't stop talking about how good he is.

I thought Adrien was going to win but based on the judging, Joe I think wanted him to win based on the entree alone because it trumped all the other dishes. The appetizer I think they were leaning just little bit toward's Jennifer's because the prawns in Adrien's appetizer were a bit lacking. However, Adrien faltered more in the dessert than Jennifer. So Jennifer won. I think they should do some scoring in the Final 2. Because by the way it sounded, they all really loved and impressed by Adrien's entree dish and probably would have been enough to win the whole thing for him.
    Ramsey liked both Jennifer's appy and her dessert better and was really impressed with her entree... Joe seemed to like Adrien's appy better and was completely wowed by his entree. I think Jennifer won because it's Ramsey's show when it comes down to it.

FORT Fogey

I forgot about the three massive errors she made during the show---any one might have gotten a regular person kicked off but I have to think the former Beauty Queen ,Miss Delaware, was picked as the potential winner early on. She would have the personality to make public appearances on behalf of the show. Dollars to donuts we will see much more of Jennifer in the public eye than we did the previous winner

+ Reply to Thread