+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 207 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: MasterChef

Yeah, that eating the food in front of the judges was equivalent to flipping them off. It would make my day if somebody would just slap Christian into "kingdom come"!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

This season seems nastier. I think the judges don't like most these contestants anymore than we do. We took this off the DVR last night, decided we'd rather watch something else instead. Hopefully next season will be better. Besides, I have no interest in seeing any of the remaining people win.
    taracran likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I tried to watch tonight. Made it back after watching 5 minutes to catch who was voted off tonight and who stayed. I won't be watching the finale because the one who was left behind tonight is so not fun to watch for me and ruins the show for me.

I think it will be between the two who were safe......
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I really hope so but I still won't be watching it because that's an hour of my life I'll never have back watching someone be such an arrogant little child. I certainly wouldn't buy a cook book by him nor visit any place I knew he worked.

Interesting editing tonight in the pie challenge. You saw Susie and Christian carefully remove their hot pies from the oven with the oven mitts and then in the next camera shot when asked to bring them to the judges table Susie is carrying it with her bare hands as it had obviously had time to cool. This was a good thing as I was screaming in my head...NO ONE CUTS INTO OR EATS HOT LEMON MERINGUE PIE!!! It would have been kind of funny if the judges said, "Ok, just leave them there to cool and lets go get a beer". Also that particular pie is known for "weeping" and getting soggy, but that only happens after it has cooled down so you know there was some serious time elapsed there. It did however make me want to go make a LMP...yum! I did think it was interesting that they seemed to like the look of Christian's pie better but they raved about the taste of Susie's and then sent her home. Since when does taste take a back seat to looks? I guess it's when you have someone that makes for good TV as much as Christian and you must devise a way to keep him until the end (hello souffle challenge/LMP challenge). Susie is certainly no ray of sunshine, but I do think she deserved the win this time.

Oh and on a completely different subject...is it wrong that I want Adrien to win more now that he had his haircut?
    AZChristian likes this.

We were going to end up with one of them in the final three, and I honestly didn't care which one made it...as long as neither of them won ;-) I think Susie lost because her crust was soggier and the pie was drippier.

But yeah, now I want LMP :-)

Oh, and I was so glad when Susie picked Christian. I figured that Jen and Adrian would be the stronger team, but thought for sure that Susie would pick one of them when she had the chance.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I think Christian got a better edit than Susie in this episode and throughout the show I fully expected Susie to go home. It's so strange to me that when Christian is speaking in his PI's he expresses his lack of confidence but in front of the judges he acts so arrogant. He had a few PI's where he was saying that baking was his weakness and he was worried about making that pastry, etc. but he acts so cocky in front of the judges. I think if he dropped the schtick for the judges and was overall more honest, he would be far more likeable. I also think if he downplayed himself in some challenges, the judges would end up pleasantly surprised. But when you tell others that you're going to be perfect, you're going to get nitpicked. It's his worst flaw. The joke to Susie, where he shook her hand and then told her she's going home was classless. I don't know if he thinks he's being funny or what.
    As for the pies, the judges liked Christian's pastry best, seemed to think the flavour of the lemon on both were good, and though Christian's meringue didn't have the right consistancy, Susie's was way undercooked. Based on the pastry, (and also on the looks of the pie), Christian's was an easy winner, I think.

All of that said, I can take Christian a little easier than I can Susie. Her statement at the beginning of the show that Jen has only gotten this far because 'she smiles at the judges' was one of the worst yet of all the contestants. How petty to undermine Jen's skills just because she is good looking. 'I'm not as good looking so I got by on my own merit, but you're good looking so you got a free ride.' UGH! I just hate it when women do that to other women. Yuck.

I'm really hoping for a Jen or Adrien win. Adrien, mostly.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I can take Christian a little easier than I can Susie. Her statement at the beginning of the show that Jen has only gotten this far because 'she smiles at the judges' was one of the worst yet of all the contestants. How petty to undermine Jen's skills just because she is good looking.
    I just watched the show and came to post about that same issue. I was shocked when I heard her say that. Jen won, what, three mystery box challenges? All because she has a pretty smile? That not only shows a lack of respect for Jen, it shows a lack of respect for the judges.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I hate Christian. Before he started showing his true colors in the game, I actually thought he was alright. Now, I want anyone but him to win. I don't really like the other chick left in the game so I guess I'm rooting for Adrien. I think he's grown the most during the show and has the potential to be really great. I appreciate that he's not cocky, either.

If it were me, I would have made a graham cracker crust because I prefer those but maybe they were told to make a flour crust. Neither one of them did very well with the meringue. I'm not real wild about meringue so if I was making a lemon pie at home, I would have made a cream topping but I understand they had to make it a meringue pie for this challenge. I'm not sure how I would have done on that part.

+ Reply to Thread