+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 207 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

libgirl - While I too was shocked at that price, check out this list of Most Expensive Restaurants in the US Ramsay's aren't even on there although #22 is one of Bastianich's. I recall reading a review of Ramsay's NYC London and I think the prix fixe there was around $100

As an aside - I have friends who have eaten at #11 on this list (it is a short drive thru the countryside from where I live) and all have raved about it being outstanding.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    libgirl - While I too was shocked at that price, check out this list of Most Expensive Restaurants in the US
    All places I will obviously never eat at. Thanks for posting this! It's interesting, although shocking that people have enough money to be able to spend this much for one meal.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    My husband and I were aghast that Ramsey's dish cost $87!! For what? Sure it had some interesting ingredients, but give me a break! No wonder we had heard that his restaurants are not pulling in the money they used to thus all these shows. Most people, in this economy, can lay that kind of money out for one dinner! Tell me $30-40, I'd say okay, but $87? I guess I will NOT be eating at any Ramsey (or most other big chef) restaurant.
    We went to a Shula's steakhouse last week to celebrate our 47th anniversary. The entree prices were nowhere near Ramsey's restaurant prices, but it floored me to realize that what we paid for dinner for 2 (plus wine) was the equivalent of THREE MONTHS rent on our first apartment!!! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    libgirl - While I too was shocked at that price, check out this list of Most Expensive Restaurants in the US Ramsay's aren't even on there although #22 is one of Bastianich's. I recall reading a review of Ramsay's NYC London and I think the prix fixe there was around $100

As an aside - I have friends who have eaten at #11 on this list (it is a short drive thru the countryside from where I live) and all have raved about it being outstanding.
    For those prices, it BETTER be outstanding!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Ben could put out his own line of chef's hats (don't know the formal term for them)! I'm guessing he would make a mint off those. If I were him, I'd get busy on that idea!

Ben's hope is that Adrian wins this competition. Was glad to see him sidestep the favorites to encourage Adrian.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Gordon clearly was remorseful about having to let Ben go but he had no choice. Ben had an advantage in the challenge and he still managed to mess up the dish! How could he let someone else go when Ben did such a monumentally bad job even with helpful information? It was a shame but Ben sunk himself. At least he won one mystery box challenge before being eliminated.

I would watch Ben on a Food Network show but I'd rather see him do something besides cook. Perhaps he could do a dining or entertaining show, or be the host of challenges. I'm not fond of Claire Robinson so I'd be happy if Ben replaced her. She always sounds like she's got a frog in her throat and needs to hack up a furball or something. It's so annoying listening to her voice during challenges.
    I agree, the judges clearly wanted Ben in the finals, but had to let him go after his failure on the dish. I don't agree about Claire Robinson, I love her and her 5 ingredient point of view. And some people can't help how they sound. I turn 29 next Monday and I still sound like a 12 year old.

Out of the final 4, I hope Jennifer takes it, and if not her, then Adrien. I do not want to see any of the two jerks win. Unfortunately, I think they're setting it up for a Christian win, which grosses me out. During the salmon challenge on Monday. I wished someone had grabbed one of those salmons and slapped him with it to shut him up about how he's so amazing at fish and everybody's doing it wrong. Also, I have noticed that while Jennifer has been getting stronger (other than her occasional bad dishes), Christian has been going steadily downhill over the last few episodes, he's rarely getting called amongst the best dishes. And yes, it was obnoxious how he was mocking Jennifer's bad dish when his sucked too.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

If anyone who reads this thread doesn't already adore Ben Starr, check this out from his website.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    If anyone who reads this thread doesn't already adore Ben Starr, check this out from his website.
    I just did and this is one of the first things I noticed:

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Starr
    Let me start by saying that I ABHOR reality television.
    Horrors!!! I hope he's changed his opinion about reality tv since being on Masterchef.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Yeah. Ben. Dumb Ramsey et al. I would buy a cookbook from Ben, I'd watch a cooking show hosted by him, anything. His energy and positive spirit are infectious. Love that guy. Suzy or Christian? I woudn't dream of buying a book from them. Shame the chefs couldn't see marketablity right in front of them.

It stunk bad. Please please please let Suzy or Christian go next.
    My thoughts exactly. Ben wasn't my favorite from the beginning, but he's grown on me and he's the only one from whom I'd buy a cookbook. I like Jennifer and Adrian okay, but Ben has a special spark. I'd go out of my way to avoid anything having to do with Christian. Suzy's not as bad as Christian, but I just don't like her personality. I noticed in last night's show that when the chefs critiqued a fellow contestant, Ben would cringe and Suzy would smile/smirk.
    just1paul and Shoepie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    All places I will obviously never eat at. Thanks for posting this! It's interesting, although shocking that people have enough money to be able to spend this much for one meal.
    I just couldn't get myself to spend that kind of money! The most I have done is around $40 a person at a Brazilian steak or for fondue on VERY special occasions.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread