+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 207 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787137 ... LastLast
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: MasterChef

I'm with you - I'd watch Ben on a cooking show, just because I think he could make me feel like just maybe I could make what he's making. Christian's attitude is, "You are NEVER going to be as talented as I am . . . so why try?" I do enjoy seeing the pro chefs compliment the heck out of everyone else, and then tell Christian that his cooking ability is not equal to his arrogance. But I just don't think he gets it.

We were just so bummed tonight over Ben's leaving :-( But no one did worse than he did...I don't think he prepared *any* ingredient correctly and he overcooked the venison (which I never expected).

On his blog entry from yesterday, he pointed to Tracy's blog...she and Alejandra have started a catering business. It will be interesting to read his blog following tonight's show.

I'd never watch Christian or Susie. I'm iffy about Jennifer and Adrian.

This show has lost all appeal to me and I do not think I will be watching anymore. The attitudes of the contestants are just not entertaining to me.
    just1paul likes this.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

So, so sad. My favourites leaving one by one, three weeks in a row. I shall continue to watch, however, because I am really hope to see Suzie and Christian not win.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I let out a Khan-esque "Nooooooooooooo" at the elimination of Ben. It was fair, his was the most poorly prepared dish in the challenge but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. The judges weren't happy either. You could tell they didn't want to eliminate him but they had to in terms of the competition. Ben is the contestant I'd most like to hang out with. I think going to a dinner party at his house would be a blast. Gordon giving him a big kiss at the end was hilarious.

What I thought was telling was that the 2 contestants with the worst "replica" dish, were the 2 with the best original dishes. Jen and Ben both had the top mystery box dishes and both consistently do well when working on their "own" cooking. And yet, the contestant whose original food typically stinks or isn't original enough to be singled out by the judges does the best on copying a dish. While Christian is supremely arrogant, it is Suzy I despise the most. Whenever she is talking and making some backhanded references to how great she is, I want to reach through my TV and slap her. Plus her smug bithfaces at other contestants failures and fake happy/excited expressions make me want to vomit. All over her, preferably.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Ben = Star
    taracran and spockwhat like this.

I was shocked that Ben was the one to go and he didnt even get a job offer or lessons!! Especially after he did such a great job on that shepherd's pie. Really, there shouldn't be a single winner on this as the final 2 or 3 are going to be pretty equal!

I was sad to see Ben go, but if you have too many things done wrong with a dish it's going to factor in huge. Plus, him having three key points of information and all the proper ingredients also factored in here. I wish he hadn't wasted the one question - that could've been a factor (but to be fair, Ramsay could've warned him if that was a question he was asking and got confirmation before it counted against him. Some people question outloud what they're thinking and people usually ask for clarification just in case).

All that said, I do think that long term he will be a winner - if he puts in enough effort I think someone will let him create a cookbook or get his own cook show. I think he'll do well.

Out of the final four - I would not be upset with a Jennifer or Adrian win. Both are usually fairly consistent and have overall pleasanter demeanors. Jennifer does do a lot of smack talk on Christian, but is not so arrogant enough to sample her food in front of the judges.

Suzy is smug, arrogant and honestly not someone I'd buy a cookbook from.

Christian is smug, arrogant, and IMHO shouldn't be there anyway. I think Joe should've been allowed to throw him out of the kitchen when Christian blatantly tried the food in front of the judges because he was pissed off with their decisions. I would never buy a cookbook from him.

If Ramsay and co. are smart and choose people that most of us will like and reflect well on the trio - they'll be Jennifer or Adrian.

If not, it'll be Suzy or worse Christian.
    AZChristian likes this.

My husband and I were aghast that Ramsey's dish cost $87!! For what? Sure it had some interesting ingredients, but give me a break! No wonder we had heard that his restaurants are not pulling in the money they used to thus all these shows. Most people, in this economy, can lay that kind of money out for one dinner! Tell me $30-40, I'd say okay, but $87? I guess I will NOT be eating at any Ramsey (or most other big chef) restaurant.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Gordon clearly was remorseful about having to let Ben go but he had no choice. Ben had an advantage in the challenge and he still managed to mess up the dish! How could he let someone else go when Ben did such a monumentally bad job even with helpful information? It was a shame but Ben sunk himself. At least he won one mystery box challenge before being eliminated.

I would watch Ben on a Food Network show but I'd rather see him do something besides cook. Perhaps he could do a dining or entertaining show, or be the host of challenges. I'm not fond of Claire Robinson so I'd be happy if Ben replaced her. She always sounds like she's got a frog in her throat and needs to hack up a furball or something. It's so annoying listening to her voice during challenges.
    Last edited by pikachu; 08-10-2011 at 12:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread