+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 207 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383133 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    He is probably one of those "I am the Italian son and I am superior" type people and I bet his wife must be so subservient!
    yeah, but they're not actually "Italian." I didn't realize this until I did the Google search. They're actually from an area that is now considered Croatia then relocated to nearby Italy. But it does sound like they took more of an Italian aspect to their lives and tastes.
    Guess some people just enjoy acting arrogant. Don't understand it.
    cablejockey likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

With each episode, it's easier and easier to understand why Christian is a stay-at-home dad. That apparently means he can't hold a job because no one will put up with him in the workplace.
    luvsginger likes this.

FORT Fogey

I thought that too about Christian. He said that there had been some problems in his background....so fortunately he found a job that he could do and not have to deal with "people".

Why they did not kick him off the show last night was not understandable. If all the souffles were perfect, then he should have gone home as the captain of the losing team. They apparenlty have him pegged as the winner and did not want to lose him...so I guess two people ( who are not Christian) will go home tonight.

My husband watched it last night and was ticked off no one went home. I agree that if all the souffles were good, then the captain should leave. Then again, maybe he will depart us tonight!
    luvsginger likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Although many dont like Christian, I found it appalling that they voiced it so openly on the show! When they saw he was last man standing, some actually clapped because they were so giddy with happiness. Its just bad mannners and poor playership. Also the swearing is over the top, but unfortunately, it seems this is what people do now instead of talking or using words.
    I dont know if they are being encouraged by the producers, but it seems the chefs are talking way too much trash about each other--like they do on Big Brother--instead of just hunkering down and cooking!!
    march and just1paul like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Although many dont like Christian, I found it appalling that they voiced it so openly on the show! When they saw he was last man standing, some actually clapped because they were so giddy with happiness. Its just bad mannners and poor playership.
    Sadly, I think this is EXACTLY why Christian stayed. Gordon clearly said that one was going to leave, and if all were good, plus the criticism about his attitude and the very reasonable comment of "I don't want him representing MasterChef" - which should key into the three judges that Christian is a poor choice, then Christian should've left for his horrible service and work in the challenge.

IMHO only, I think the judges should've eliminated him for his attitude and the challenge. He's even shown them disrespect, so I think that should've been taken into consideration.

Personally I don't think he'll win, but he shouldn't beat several of these other chefs. I just hope that if it comes down to the final two of him and Jennifer that Jen kicks his butt and takes names.
    taracran likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Since Christian doesn't mind voicing his arrogance and cockiness, no matter what or when, why should other people not voice what they think of him. You've got to bring respect to GET respect....a lesson that he, obviously, has not learned yet.
    taracran and AZChristian like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Everyone seems to think Christian should be gone... but all attitude and cockiness aside, all of the contestants agree that he is the chef to beat. He has consistantly done well during individual challenges when his cooking is on the line, and that counts for a LOT in a cooking type show.
    That said, he really needs to shape up in the group challenges and work better with others... or he can kiss winning goodbye, I think. He does deserve to be there though... especially in comparison to a trainwreck like Christine, an idiot like Suzy, or just weaker cook like Derrick.

Judging by the editing I wonder if they are setting up Christian and Ben finale. Their personalities are complete opposite and it would make for an interesting finale watching those two duke it out. I also think Adrien and Jennifer have a good shot for the final.

Thinking about it, I would buy a cookbook from Ben. I also think he could carry a cooking show.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Although many dont like Christian, I found it appalling that they voiced it so openly on the show! When they saw he was last man standing, some actually clapped because they were so giddy with happiness. Its just bad mannners and poor playership. Also the swearing is over the top, but unfortunately, it seems this is what people do now instead of talking or using words.
    I dont know if they are being encouraged by the producers, but it seems the chefs are talking way too much trash about each other--like they do on Big Brother--instead of just hunkering down and cooking!!
    It appears to me that this trash talking is really grabbing hold and personally I dislike it immensly. I may stop watching. Let me clarify - I don't mind the trash talking it's the cussing that goes with it. You can trash talk all you want without cussing.
    Last edited by just1paul; 08-02-2011 at 04:26 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I don't mind the trash talking so much as long as it has a point. The comments made by Jennifer toward Christian the other day were quite accurate - he did mess up the caramel sauce and his attitude does grate on everyone.

Christian's trash talking in particular really annoys me, and he is so full of himself that he was nearly eliminated in a mystery box challenge for eating the food that was supposed to be the judges. Don't like not getting your food tasted? - well, that's a surefire way to NEVER get a chance to be the winner of that challenge.

Ben tends to be one of the few who does this the least - but I think he's worried about his own cooking more, and that is why he should do the best long term.
    taracran likes this.

+ Reply to Thread