+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 207 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

I find it almost painful to watch these contestants standing there in fear of the judges, and then breaking down when they hear what they say! REally, cant the judges just say its bad or they didnt like it, without all the insults and hyper-drive? The judge striding over to the garbage can to dump one plate in the trash, was ridiculous over statement.

^
    cant the judges just say its bad or they didnt like it, without all the insults and hyper-drive? The judge striding over to the garbage can to dump one plate in the trash, was ridiculous over statement.
    Well, this is a show on FOX after all. :p
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Poor Adrien. His good intentions totally backfired.
    Actually, I don't think so - at least entirely. Christian's behaviors are being watched by the judges as well. He needs to really cut down the theatrics when he's in top three and bottom three or he will not win no matter how good a cook he is. Whoever wins this will reflect on the judge's as well, and in spite of their attitudes, the judges are not going to let someone who acts this way win either prize because they know a lot of people will NOT buy the cookbook.

As far as last night, I really do think the judges, particularly the bald skinny one, were over the top with their antics. Be mad, but that was TOO far for amateurs in regard to what he did to Jennifer. He wasn't even THAT mad at Christian for eating his meal in front of the judges (Which BTW I still feel they should've thrown him out for).

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Don't know how "raw pork" could even slightly think that she was not going.

Christian and Christine...... and
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I really like this show (much more than Hell's Kitchen, which I find becomes more predictable and over-the-top the longer it's on the air), but one thing does bug me- the Mystery Box Challenge. I love the concept and that the chef's can only use what's in the box, but I hate the way the winner is decided. They only pick 3 dishes to try that are "the best". I know the judges are all world class chefs, but how can they determine which 3 dishes are the best without trying all of them? They might be able to decide which 3 look the best or sound the best, but without trying all of them they might miss out on something truly great. There is plenty of food out there that looks like crap but tastes delicious as well as many things that look 5-star and taste like dog food.
    Duckyface likes this.

Because the part of this competition is to produce "pretty" plates. And they're tasting as they go around during however much time they've allotted for the challenge.

A dish that looks like crap can't win, so it won't make the final 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I really like this show (much more than Hell's Kitchen, which I find becomes more predictable and over-the-top the longer it's on the air), but one thing does bug me- the Mystery Box Challenge. I love the concept and that the chef's can only use what's in the box, but I hate the way the winner is decided. They only pick 3 dishes to try that are "the best". I know the judges are all world class chefs, but how can they determine which 3 dishes are the best without trying all of them? They might be able to decide which 3 look the best or sound the best, but without trying all of them they might miss out on something truly great. There is plenty of food out there that looks like crap but tastes delicious as well as many things that look 5-star and taste like dog food.
    I know... I said last night, how do they know one dish will be better or worse without tasting it?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I don't understand why the judges on this show are so harsh to these home cooks. They are completely thrashing them for not being up to restaurant chef (fine dining) standards. Well, isn't that the whole premise of the show? Looking for the best amateur chef?
    cablejockey and Duckyface like this.

FORT Fogey

Christian had a back story of some problems in his life. . He is now a stay at home dad. Why his wife works and he stays home we don't know Whether or not those problems were related to a personality defect remains is a possibility. He can cook, but he is just obnoxious. He is obnoxious when he NEEDS the good will of people. Not a good way to go through life

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I don't understand why the judges on this show are so harsh to these home cooks. They are completely thrashing them for not being up to restaurant chef (fine dining) standards. Well, isn't that the whole premise of the show? Looking for the best amateur chef?
    I made a comment after last week's show about how the MasterChef Gordon Ramsay sometimes veers into Hell's Kitchen Ramsay. I think the way he acts on that show is way over the top, but at least those cooks are professional chefs. His behavior in this last episode was just too much. The worst sauce he's ever tasted in his whole bleeping life! Really? What home amateur cook deserves those harsh words from a famous chef?! It seems like Joe has always supposed to have been the villain of the judges and Gordon is jealous and trying to give him a run for his money. Enough please! I quit watching Hell's Kitchen because I couldn't take the over the top theatrics of Ramsay. Masterchef didn't used to be like this, and I don't like it. Ironically, I have heard from those who've worked with Ramsay, that he is nothing like that in real life. That's he is a really sweet nice guy.
    cablejockey likes this.

+ Reply to Thread