+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 207 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I like Jennifer. Garham is so heavy that it alarms me. His health is in danger. Heavy people do not turn me off, at all. He is just over the mark as far as being comfortable to watch. I like him but he is a heart attack in the next 18 months waiting to happen.
    I agree to an extent. Overweight doesn't really bother me .........up to a point. Somehow in my mind, it goes from thinking of someone who just enjoys life to someone who's really getting too close to really unhealthy. My hubby had gained a really big tummy, which looked odd next to his muscle-ly body (9th degree black belt). It didn't bother me for quite awhile but then it started to worry me, thinking about his age and heart attacks. So since I quit smoking, I challenged him to work on his body. He's been going to gym 3X a week now w/a personal trainer and results are starting to show. And he loves it. I knew he would as he's very physical. Sometimes it's just hard getting started.
    So after that long winded post, I just meant to say that Graham worries me too.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Brace yourselves..........I find Joe sexy, and I can't figure out why!
    I do too but I tend to find very arrogant men sexy because they tend to be a dominant and I walk all over someone who isn't at least a little dominant. Gordon I find a little sexy but he crosses the arrogant like to abusive and that's a turn off to me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think I like the challenge of breaking through that "hard candy shell" and finding that soft center that is usually present! They do NOT intimidate me. It's like a game!!! And I only tolerate arrogance when a person can back it up!

"...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Add me to the group who is "intrigued" by Joe. I wasn't at first but the more I'm seeing him, the more I find him quite attractive.....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I like Jennifer. Garham is so heavy that it alarms me. His health is in danger. Heavy people do not turn me off, at all. He is just over the mark as far as being comfortable to watch. I like him but he is a heart attack in the next 18 months waiting to happen.
    Don't mean to be overly sensitive on Graham's behalf, but just because a person is overweight does not mean they are going to have a heart attack any moment. I know many people who are thin and have had heart attacks, and many people who are quite heavy who have healthy hearts and good cholesterol levels. My 80 year old Graham-sized uncle would beg to differ with the idea that because he's quite overweight and has been most of his life, that's he's a heart attack waiting to happen. He's never had any issues with his heart, and he goes for a brisk walk with his dog everyday. Not everyone's body chemistry and genetics are to be thin, and thin doesn't necessarily equal healthy. I would hope that Graham has good medical care and gets some exercise everyday so none of us has to worry about him!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good points, lark.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by lark37 View Post
    Don't mean to be overly sensitive on Graham's behalf, but just because a person is overweight does not mean they are going to have a heart attack any moment.
    Indeed. As a portly gal with perfect blood pressure, cholesterol and bone density, I would hate to think that people were randomly fearing that I am about to drop dead at any moment.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think I like the challenge of breaking through that "hard candy shell" and finding that soft center that is usually present! They do NOT intimidate me. It's like a game!!! And I only tolerate arrogance when a person can back it up!

There's something about having a tough guy turn into a soft ball of love when he looks at you, right? That said, personally, I don't have a thing for him... probably because I agree with those who feel it is a put on.

I still love this show because I find it honest and tame compared to Ramsey's Hell's Kitchen train wreck. But I watch both.

I'm still backing Alejandra and Ben. They are both very likeable people and have proven to be capable cooks.

Poor Adrien. His good intentions totally backfired. Suzy totally deserved to be the one leaving for her horrid dish and mediocre past performance. But I don't understand how Alejandra, with an entire pork loin at her disposal, not only failed to cook it enough but didn't notice that she put a raw slice on the plate. What was she looking at when she sliced the meat? How do you miss that?
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Poor Adrien. His good intentions totally backfired. Suzy totally deserved to be the one leaving for her horrid dish and mediocre past performance. But I don't understand how Alejandra, with an entire pork loin at her disposal, not only failed to cook it enough but didn't notice that she put a raw slice on the plate. What was she looking at when she sliced the meat? How do you miss that?
    I know, that is a bad mistake! Still wanted Suzy to go though.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread