+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 207 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;4010344;
    It reminded me a lot of American Idol in that people had to audition in front of three judges and instead of a golden ticket, they ran out clutching an apron, and shrieking with joy that they had gotten one step further!
    I'll keep watching to see what happens next.
    That's what I told my husband last night. He hates AI but liked this.

I am curious to see the man who has two fingers.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Yeah the commercial said it was like AI but with cooking and another critic said it was Gordon's most entertaining show yet

FORT Fogey

I love Gordan Ramsay. I do not know why I like him, but I do. I hate when the producers of shows make him go overboard for ratings, but I love the passion he has for his career, and I like to watch him. So far a good show.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;4009777;
    What does the title of "Master Chef" mean? In particular, why would this person be the first US Master Chef?
    Just means that they are the winner of the competition. They get $250K and to have a cook book published. This is the first time the show is being run in the US, so the winner woluld be the first US Master Chef.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4011379;
    I love Gordan Ramsay. I do not know why I like him, but I do. I hate when the producers of shows make him go overboard for ratings, but I love the passion he has for his career, and I like to watch him. So far a good show.
    Me too. And when Michael was geeking out that Gordon was tasting his food, I cracked up and told my husband that if I was able to speak in that moment, that would be exactly what I would have said!!
    Last edited by Jamie5632; 07-29-2010 at 03:25 PM.
    Wag more, bark less

I love Gordon Ramsey-watching Master Chef Esp. 1 on Hulu. So far it rocks!

man Furuq and his wife got some heavy voices, their son is gonna sound like James Earl Jones when he grows up..

FORT Fan

I enjoyed this , look forward to more

Lately I realized I seem to like the "first" season of any of these shows the best..more reality, less "contrived"

when a reality show is a hit, it brings in more "fame seeking" contestants, and more "twists" and more nonsense

I liked the first episode, and so far I thought most of the would be master chefs were pretty genuine, yes a few "odd" ones, but most were pretty "real"
    and enjoyable

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;4010344;
    It reminded me a lot of American Idol in that people had to audition in front of three judges and instead of a golden ticket, they ran out clutching an apron, and shrieking with joy that they had gotten one step further!
    I'll keep watching to see what happens next.
    Based on this being like our Australian version, the audition component is really the least interesting part of the show.

Once they get down to the actual challenges themselves that is where the show truly excels. Some of the cooking challenges they put people through really are quite staggering.

The only thing I'm unsure of is how this will work as a "once a week" show given here in Aus it is on 6 nights a week. I'm intrigued to see how it works though because here in Australia it rates through the roof.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I usually get a kick out of the auditions for competition shows, but I just want these auditions to be over. I'm sick of the back-to-back sob stories already. I guess they have to convince us that these people are regular home cooks, though.

I'm ready to get this party started!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread