+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 207 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979129 ... LastLast
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

I don't dislike fish, I hate fish. But love shrimp, lobster, etc. I'm known for eating what "walks" under water but not if it "swims."

I also didn't mind Joe Bastianich really calling out Christian. He needs being taken down a peg or two. But....that being said, Joe B shouldn't use words that he doesn't know how to pronounce, as in "ethereal." He really does come across as quite pompous and if that's his schtick, fine, but you beter be darn near perfect to really pull it off and mispronouncing a somewhat common word doesn't cut it.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

I agree that Gordon was his usual idiot self for scolding G. for his "different palate" comment. How would that be an attack on GR's mother? I actually dispise the character GR plays on most of his shows.....and I sincerely hope it is just that, a character that he plays. I have been able to watch this show becasue he is normally low keyed, but now and again the "character" peeks out and I want to shut off the show...that is how much I dispise him.

We were at the Paris hotel in LV in May and we were told that GR is opening one of his restaurants in place of existing steak house. Nah....won't be going there

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post

I agree that Gordon was his usual idiot self for scolding G. for his "different palate" comment. How would that be an attack on GR's mother?
    I actually dispise the character GR plays on most of his shows.....and I sincerely hope it is just that, a character that he plays. I have been able to watch this show becasue he is normally low keyed, but now and again the "character" peeks out and I want to shut off the show...that is how much I dispise him.

We were at the Paris hotel in LV in May and we were told that GR is opening one of his restaurants in place of existing steak house. Nah....won't be going there
    I agree with the bolded. I think Joe is far worse than Gordon in the 'acting a role' department. I like Gordon but I do not watch Hell's Kitchen because of his exaggerated behavior.

Dragonlady: I also didn't mind Joe Bastianich really calling out Christian. He needs being taken down a peg or two. But....that being said, Joe B shouldn't use words that he doesn't know how to pronounce, as in "ethereal." He really does come across as quite pompous and if that's his schtick, fine, but you beter be darn near perfect to really pull it off and mispronouncing a somewhat common word doesn't cut it.
    Very funny. I didn't pick up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Isn't that the truth??? And diets that are out there ALWAYS have fish, and give no alternatives. I have no problem with shellfish, thank goodness. White fish is my nemesis. These shows/diets act like WE don't exist!
    No kidding about the diets too. Or anything talking healthy eating usually revolves heavily around fish which is great if you can eat it. I don't like potlucks because people put fish is so much of their pot luck foods too.

I just think it would be totally interesting for the cooks to have to have some real life restrictions beyond just vegetarianism to deal with. I've seen other shows do low cal foods (which then got translated to even more fish). It would be interesting to a show deal with multiple diet restrictions at once since that's more the reality for people who go out to eat or eat at home. They want something interesting versus here's your obligatory boiled chicken and frozen veggies with nothing on them (happened to me at a fish only wedding dinner).

Anyhow, I like Joe more when he talks more on this show. It seems to me he talked more last season than he is this season. Same with the other guy who's not Gordon.

I can't eat scaly fish (I can eat shell fish though but who knows for how long since those types of allergies tend to "worsen"), egg whites (albumin allergy but I can have eggs cooked off in a product like cake just not as the main dish), or poppy seeds. My mother can't eat anything with seeds in it (sesame seeds, tomatoes, poppy seeds those types of things). I have a friend who can't eat dairy and another who can't eat gluten.

Let's see them cook a meal for that group!

It's simple enough making a meal for non-meat eaters or those with a shell fish allergy. But what about something that challenges them even more?

I'm bored with this show. I'm tired of seeing Christian and his smug face. I'm equally tired of seeing Joe and his "I'm better than you" sneer. I like this show because it allowed us to see a different side of Gordon. Lately, he's morphing into the same jerk on Hell's Kitchen. I'm not interested in seeing that so if he doesn't swing himself back to the other side soon? I will be done with this show.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I don't remember Christian being such a jerk initially. I love Derrick, he is still my favorite. Don't think he will win, but he has acted like an adult throughout this whole thing and the guy can still cook.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Brace yourselves..........I find Joe sexy, and I can't figure out why!
    NCLurker likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Brace yourselves..........I find Joe sexy, and I can't figure out why!
    Don't try. I find Gordon sexy.

Hmm... I find Gordon sexy too...but then again, I have a thing for men with accents. I agree though that his personality this season is veering too much into the "Hells Kitchen" personality. I like him better when he's nice. Joe annoys me to no end. He's so superior or he sure thinks he is. Graham seems nice. I don't remember him ever ripping into a contestant the way Joe does and the way Gordon has this season. My personal favorite this season is Tracy, but my favorite never seems to win.

FORT Fogey

I like Jennifer. Garham is so heavy that it alarms me. His health is in danger. Heavy people do not turn me off, at all. He is just over the mark as far as being comfortable to watch. I like him but he is a heart attack in the next 18 months waiting to happen.

+ Reply to Thread