+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 207 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Hands up anyone who thinks that Christian understands where he went wrong and has vowed to change his condescending ways. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Hands up anyone who thinks that Christian understands where he went wrong and has vowed to change his condescending ways. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
    Hands firmly clasped in lap here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    He had such a dumbfounded look on his face...shaking his head a bit and in complete shock...he had no idea what he had done to be singled out and called out like that. He is a good cook without question, but his attitude and arrogance is really hard to watch. He completely knocks Jennifer and her abilities. I hope in the end she is able to show him up.

Well, it should come as no surprise that I am irritated with the elimination. I'm also irritated with the judges for their inconsistent judging. One week it's "you screwed up this test but your previous performance has been good so you get to stay" and the next it's "we're only judging you on the pressure test regardless of your past performance"

Also - f-u Gordo for taking Guiseppe's attempt at a PC response about the different palates and turning it into a personal attack on your mother. Oh yes Gordy, it's all about her. :rolleyes: Heck - she was the one who was the least forthcoming and helpful when the team leaders were trying to get ideas for a menu. Everything that was suggested she said she didn't like and then had a generally pissy look on her face during most of the tasting. OTOH, Lidia was trying to be constructive and positive with most dishes.
    just1paul and RoxyKnox like this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Also - f-u Gordo for taking Guiseppe's attempt at a PC response about the different palates and turning it into a personal attack on your mother. Oh yes Gordy, it's all about her. :rolleyes: Heck - she was the one who was the least forthcoming and helpful when the team leaders were trying to get ideas for a menu. Everything that was suggested she said she didn't like and then had a generally pissy look on her face during most of the tasting. OTOH, Lidia was trying to be constructive and positive with most dishes.
    Lidia is the only one with the chops to give a credible critique of a dish. I would have been more excited to impress her. I thought Gordon was way out of line attacking him. He didn't say anything bad.
    just1paul likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Message to Mother Ramsey: It's OK to give negatives, but it is gracious to follow up your negatives with something positive! Nothing like a little balance to make your comments more valid.
    NCLurker and just1paul like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Message to Mother Ramsey: It's OK to give negatives, but it is gracious to follow up your negatives with something positive! Nothing like a little balance to make your comments more valid.
    I don't like fish.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Nor do I (severely allergic), but I can always find something positive.....even if it's "You look really nice today!"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Nor do I (severely allergic), but I can always find something positive.....even if it's "You look really nice today!"
    Have they ever done a challenge on this or another show where people have food allergies? I'm allergic to fish and seafood. Tried shrimp once when young... not cute... tried fish a little older and got really wheezy stopped it right there. But my biggest bummer on these shows is that so much of it is fish and seafood oriented.

Isn't that the truth??? And diets that are out there ALWAYS have fish, and give no alternatives. I have no problem with shellfish, thank goodness. White fish is my nemesis. These shows/diets act like WE don't exist!

+ Reply to Thread