+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 207 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat View Post
    As soon as I saw Erryn talking last night I thought for sure he'd be going home!
    Esther deserved to go home, she had a horrible showing in yesterday's show, 1st messing up at the group challenge & then that cake! since I'm a much better baker than chef, I really liked that challenge!
    I also liked the faces Suzy was making when she thought she was going home. I hope she realizes now that she's not all that.
    I think she realized then for a moment she's not all that. My bet is by next week she'll have forgotten.

Christian is starting to get on my nerves. He's really got to take his intensity down and quit being so arrogant. I hated Christine in episode 11 but taken in small doses, I find her antics amusing. I wonder if she tosses icing over her shoulder and drops swears at home?

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Christian is starting to get on my nerves. He's really got to take his intensity down and quit being so arrogant.
    When he was yelling and whistling and swearing at Ben to get over there when Ramsey wanted to talk to the two of them, I was wondering who in the world he thought he was! "Well, if Ramsey can swear at people in the kitchen, so can I" . . . ???? Really, and how may 4-star restaurants do you own? How many other things do you have in common with a world-famous chef, other than a potty mouth?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yeah, he was out of control. I'm hoping we get the opportunity to see somebody call him out on his arrogance before the show ends. I was surprised that Gordon didn't do it last night. What a punk, that Christian!

He needs a "Who do you think you are?" talk.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I keep wondering if the producers are paying Christine extra to throw a fit!

Are we talking about Christine or Christian? They are both equally hateful. I can't stand either one of them but I keep seeing pronouns bouncing around that don't go with the way the name is spelled so I'm confused, lol.

For me Christian (the guy) is worse. Christine just can't control herself and is an idiot. Christian is this arrogant jerk who needs to go away. He was taken down a peg or three when Ramsey told him to take the criticism like a man. But then he is awarded best dish *sighs*. They say that Suzie thinks too highly of herself? I think that Christian does.

Christine is just a wreck.

I liked Esther but I said from the time of the auditions that she and Alejandra would self-destruct. They want it too badly and are too nervous, they can't control those nervous and I knew they'd be in their heads too much and just fell apart. I think Esther has the skills, she just couldn't bring those nerves under control.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

AZChristian - I agree on the wording. I think maybe the writer (because we can't be sure it was Max who did it) may have been thinking of the term eponymous. Though that would still be an incorrect usage. Also the design style is a little "late 90s HTML class". I did learn that "staging" is a term for an unpaid internship in a kitchen with a well-known chef or well-known restaurant. It's pronounced the French way - "stahg-ing".

I'm glad Esther is gone. I was tired of seeing her slack-jawed, mouthing hanging open look all the time. She looked like a fish. With Max gone the show is on a new villian hunt. And that is going to be Christian. His true colors are emerging. I particularly didn't care for his sexist comments about women and the "girl's team" during the team challenge.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    AZChristian - I agree on the wording. I think maybe the writer (because we can't be sure it was Max who did it) may have been thinking of the term eponymous. Though that would still be an incorrect usage. Also the design style is a little "late 90s HTML class". I did learn that "staging" is a term for an unpaid internship in a kitchen with a well-known chef or well-known restaurant. It's pronounced the French way - "stahg-ing".
    The synonymous/eponymous mix-up was the only real problem with that sentence, and eponymous would have been correct if they had actually used it. Daniel Boulud owns a number of restaurants all utilizing variations of his name.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

I agree that Chrisian was out of line in joining Ransey in trying to get Ben's attention. However, what the heck as Ben doing stopping along the way to check out his people when it was Ramsey who first called him. Christian's time was being wasted while Ben was continuing his work

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I agree that Chrisian was out of line in joining Ransey in trying to get Ben's attention. However, what the heck as Ben doing stopping along the way to check out his people when it was Ramsey who first called him. Christian's time was being wasted while Ben was continuing his work
    That was what Christian was saying as well.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Since I like Ben and not Christian... good for Ben!

Ben's cake was out of this world. The construction of it was PERFECTION... perfectly even layers and perfectly even layers of frosting as well. It was a work of art. I love adore baking, and seeing something like that, well, it inspires me to aspire to perfection as well. Ben just seems like a pretty humble, realistic, and warm kind of person. I'm rooting for him all the way. My other favourite part of the evening is that Ben managed to garner 47 percent of the votes with chopped berries! Compared to the work that the other team put into their dessert, the margin should have been far wider. He sold them well.

+ Reply to Thread