+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 207 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

FORT Fogey

Re: MasterChef

That is interesting because I thought the exact same thing. I was running the contestants through my mind and I kept coming up short. Erryn was the one missing becasue I never saw him. Why do you think he alone has gotten no exposure?

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    That is interesting because I thought the exact same thing. I was running the contestants through my mind and I kept coming up short. Erryn was the one missing becasue I never saw him. Why do you think he alone has gotten no exposure?
    I think he's probably quiet (so no drama), and he hasn't made the top or bottom yet. So they've bypassed him. The problem is, when he finally ends up in the top or bottom, everyone's going to be wondering where he came from!

I saw Whitney's book in the store this weekend. Flipped through it and wasn't impressed. I don't like those recipes that require a million items and expensive ingredients. Even the shrimp and grits was "fancied" up. I bought a cupcake book instead, lol.

I was amazed that out of all the remaining contestants that only two didn't have their food shown. Suzie and Erryn. Makes me wonder why, especially Erryn. Who in the production crew did he make mad that they can't be bothered to show what he makes? But it does liven the show for me, our own little version of "Where's Waldo?" except its "Where's Erryn."
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I thought the commercial I saw for last week's show said they were going to recreate last year's winning dish (which was some friend chicken cutlet I think). Did I miss an episode or something because they made catfish- not chicken.

I thought the cake challenge was really cool.

Again though, I would have liked to have seen all the judge's comments about the cakes - especially the great ones like Ben's and Jennifer's.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Ironically the only cake recipe I want is that of the chef with the least baking experience. Tracy's citrus and basil cake sounds really interesting and delicious.

And oh yeah, happy to see Esther gone, though I would have been marginally happier seeing Suzy's ass heading out the door. Finger's crossed for next episode.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Esther just makes me nervous....she signed her termination when she screwed up twice with the dough for the dessert. Still interesting what they did with Erryn last night....had him left for last, like the contestents themselves don't like him, gave him a couple of minutes in confessional, but still no sign of his food. What is that all about??? He had to offend somebody, but if that is so, they would have sent him packing....because you know the reasons can be vague.

Saw the commercials of Hells Kitchen. I can stand Ramsey on this show because he is somewhat low-keyed, but I hate all that yelling...so I will continue to pass that show by.

I came across these sites posted on the television without pity forum for this show and thought I'd share.

Derrick - Born to Braise Hell

Max - Aquatic Adventures

small confession - I think it'd be hilarious to sail around with "Captain Max"
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I came across these sites posted on the television without pity forum for this show and thought I'd share.

Derrick - Born to Braise Hell

Max - Aquatic Adventures

small confession - I think it'd be hilarious to sail around with "Captain Max"
    Took a quick look at the website for "Captain Max." Apparently, his abilities do not extend to being able to spell or use the English language. Can someone please tell me the meaning of this sentence? "Besides his passion for working on the water, he is also an accomplished chef having staged under the synonymous Daniel Boulud."

I think if I were stuck on a boat with him for more than 10 minutes, I'd jump overboard.

As soon as I saw Erryn talking last night I thought for sure he'd be going home!
    Esther deserved to go home, she had a horrible showing in yesterday's show, 1st messing up at the group challenge & then that cake! since I'm a much better baker than chef, I really liked that challenge!
    I also liked the faces Suzy was making when she thought she was going home. I hope she realizes now that she's not all that.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

+ Reply to Thread