+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 207 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

He was annoying and there are several others who are as well.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

So true....like that crazy blonde last night. She was hideous.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have to say I'll watch the show more now that what's his name is gone but there's a couple others I could stand to see leave as well. But for now it's much more tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    The team captain should have been there and I was shocked that she was allowed to go up to the gallery. Wasnt it because of her that the sausage fell apart?
    The sausage fell apart because the casings were too full, which happened because the two people making them weren't working together. (Max was pushing too much meat out too fast, and Christine wasn't moving the casing quickly enough to account for all the meat that was being pushed in.) He needed to slow down a little (and I think he knew it), and she needed to speed up (but I'm not sure she could have).

I thought the right people were nominated, and I didn't have a problem with Evelyn saving herself, but only because I couldn't figure out who she should have replaced...I thought they both did a bad job.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    And as a WELL done steak eater... neither of those steaks would have made it to my mouth!
    Ha, my hubby only eats well done meat too and he said the same thing.

YAY, Max is gone. That kid just irked me to no end.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    The sausage fell apart because the casings were too full, which happened because the two people making them weren't working together. (Max was pushing too much meat out too fast, and Christine wasn't moving the casing quickly enough to account for all the meat that was being pushed in.) He needed to slow down a little (and I think he knew it), and she needed to speed up (but I'm not sure she could have).
    See, I thought they were too full but the whole time Christine was saying they were fine. What you described may have been the case in regards to Max going to fast and her going to slow but I distinctly remember her saying something like "no, these are fine" when someone else on the team came up and said they were too tight.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I think Max is more talented than Christine. I think the leader should not have been allowed to save herself. It should have been the entire team doing the pressure test challenge or the leader along with two others she thinks should be in the bottom with her. Max may have been pushing the meat too fast but Christine was the most at fault on why their team lost (she even said she knew how to encase sausages...just like a condom!) and I think she should have been eliminated. The judges wasn't so sure who to eliminate but if Max and Christine were tied, they should have been judged based on their past performances and Max did better in that case. I thought Max should have been saved if only because he was calm and collected during a "pressure test" challenge. Christine was a mess and she was really annoying. Who else would Esther choose? Everyone else did better so the right bottom 2 were chosen. I would have preferred Max to have moved on even if he was quite arrogant and snooty. The judges may have hated Max's crepe so much that they gave him the boot and perhaps because Max was only 18 and rich that he didn't need have as much to lose.

Who should have been gone a long time ago is Jennifer Behm. First she put truffle oil in her dish. She pleaded to let the judges put her through. Then she almost got eliminated for adding nutmeg in her pasta, then she made raw lamb which the judges didn't even want to taste (Joe wanted her eliminated right then!). That's way too many mistakes. Can't believe she's still around.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 07-04-2011 at 12:09 AM.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    ...she even said she knew how to encase sausages...just like a condom...
    Hmmm . . . the sausage cases kept breaking open. Isn't Christine the single mother? Broken condoms? Just sayin'.
    FireWoman, just1paul and alia1074 like this.

HEH HEH HEH I LOVE IT! Perfect answer!!
    AZChristian likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

My husband said that Christine's mistake was that she is used to making venison sausage. He said something about the fat content requiring the casings be really tight. I have no idea what he is talking about (LOL).

That team was a mess, I'm glad Max was sent home. If I had to look at his smug face in the confessionals one more time, I was going to hurt my TV.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread