+ Reply to Thread
Page 207 of 207 FirstFirst ... 107157197198199200201202203204205206207
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2070
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: MasterChef

Just heard this and I am shocked and saddened. He appeared to have such a promising future and career ahead of him. RIP.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

This is so sad! He seemed so with it and together. RIP Josh, you were so talented and so likeable, I am so sorry it came to this. As you say Photobabe, at least he didn't take anyone else with him.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Isn't this the third chef of Gordon Ramsey's shows who has committed suicide? WTH is he doing to them?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Second.

Two others died in other ways.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Second.

Two others died in other ways.
    Yep. And I don't think Josh's bipolar disorder should be blamed on the show. It's due to a chemical imbalance and is very treatable... if you can get the person to stay on their medication. I had a friend in university who was convinced he was "healed" and went off his meds... the resulting manic episode was scary. Quite often people with bi-polar will try going off of their meds because the meds have side-effects they don't want to live with. They just keep hoping they are all better.
    Ellen and Photobabe like this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Yep. And I don't think Josh's bipolar disorder should be blamed on the show. It's due to a chemical imbalance and is very treatable... if you can get the person to stay on their medication. I had a friend in university who was convinced he was "healed" and went off his meds... the resulting manic episode was scary. Quite often people with bi-polar will try going off of their meds because the meds have side-effects they don't want to live with. They just keep hoping they are all better.
    There were bipolar — and even schizophrenic — people at a bizarre church I used to work for (don't judge: rent doesn't pay itself...) who would go off their meds because if they "really had faith," they wouldn't need the "medicine of men." Seriously, Mr. Minister?

I'm curious as to whether this poor guy was sucked in by this sort of hoax.
    Last edited by Ellen; 10-24-2013 at 10:29 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    The man that beheaded someone on a greyhound bus was bipolar, he went off his meds. He is in jail , but due to come out .How does anyone feel safe around him again. I don't know how bad Josh was, I am not sure I remember him.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There was a case years ago, an Amish man killed (brutally) his wife in front of their children. He had a history of severe mental illness, schizophrenia etc.... He was sentenced to a mental hospital where he did well on meds (which he had been on for a short time and then stopped). When he was released, the community took a lot of heat for not wanting him back. I see it as if this guy stopped his medication, these are people who one, can't fight back and two have no phones to call 911 in their homes. As it was, he went off his meds and killed himself. Sad.

Now not everyone who has these conditions goes to such and extreme. But as with Josh, you just don't know what lurks in someone. What they are suffering. Christine's disability was obvious, his wasn't.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Re: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Sharone Hakman from Season 1 appeared on Food Fighters tonight. He could not beat the home cook, but they introduced him as having a hit cooking show in Asia. I'm trying to find out more.
    wannasee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Isn't this the third chef of Gordon Ramsey's shows who has committed suicide? WTH is he doing to them?
    looks like it is The Gordon Ramsay Suicides - KnowledgeNuts

there were also two others that died in other ways.

+ Reply to Thread