+ Reply to Thread
Page 204 of 207 FirstFirst ... 104154194195196197198199200201202203204205206207 LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2068
Like Tree1044Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

FORT Newbie

Re: MasterChef

I didn't like Luca at first but he did grow on me. It's probably only because he was generous to his competitors and he wanted to win in fair competition. That bit of character won me over. I don't think he was the best - I'd place at least five other folks ahead of him.

Honestly, our opinions are going to be limited because none of us can taste the food. I never was impressed by Natasha but they rave about her instincts. I'm going to have to take their word for it.

Regarding Christine Ha... I'm not entirely sure her win wasn't deserved. When she has to rely principally on smell and taste I think the balance in her dishes was probably second to none. I do think that sight can sometimes be a distraction in cooking.

That being said, when it's down to the top five, it's really irrelevant who wins because they already have national exposure and solid references for their CVs - not to mention their new inside connections with the other contestants and, in some cases, the judges themselves.

I really, really want to have that bowl of slow cooked pork noodle broth.
    Last edited by Longbough; 09-13-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Longbough View Post
    That being said, when it's down to the top five, it's really irrelevant who wins
    Except for, y'know, the $250,000, the cookbook deal, the trophy, and the title.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Except for, y'know, the $250,000, the cookbook deal, the trophy, and the title.
    'cept for that, OK. LOL.

Fort Member

We have had two seasons of Junior Masterchef in Australia and while there is usually one kid who is super annoying the rest are usually very well behaved and just really cute , or thats how the editing makes it seem. The judges in the Australian one make sure to praise all the kids and give helpful critiques and teach the kids as they go along.
    Some of the kids are amazing in what they attempt to cook and it encourages kids to get into the kitchen as they are more likely to eat and try different foods if they cook them themselves
    There is occasional tears but I think most negative reactions are probably edited out to show these kids in a positive light so its a good experience for them even if they lose
    So I can only hope that the American version follows the same recipe

The funniest part of the Junior version is that you just know that some of the food they cook can not possibly be good but the judges have to taste and find something positive about it
    You get a perverse sense of revenge watching them trying to swallow and smile knowing they can not do their usual plate throwing spitting out routine

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
    The funniest part of the Junior version is that you just know that some of the food they cook can not possibly be good but the judges have to taste and find something positive about it
    You get a perverse sense of revenge watching them trying to swallow and smile knowing they can not do their usual plate throwing spitting out routine
    Hahaha, that sounds hilarious! I liked to experiment in the kitchen when I was little and many of my combinations didn't work out as well as I thought they would. For instance, a peanut butter and Hersey's syrup sandwich tastes nowhere near as good as it sounds. Chocolate syrup on bread is downright nasty!!
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Hahaha, that sounds hilarious! I liked to experiment in the kitchen when I was little and many of my combinations didn't work out as well as I thought they would. For instance, a peanut butter and Hersey's syrup sandwich tastes nowhere near as good as it sounds. Chocolate syrup on bread is downright nasty!!
    That sounds like nutella( something like that) you put chocolate on your toast in the morning! see you were ahead of your time
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
    The funniest part of the Junior version is that you just know that some of the food they cook can not possibly be good but the judges have to taste and find something positive about it. You get a perverse sense of revenge watching them trying to swallow and smile knowing they can not do their usual plate throwing spitting out routine
    OK, I'm perverse, and this is reason enough to watch. Thanks!! ;^)
    Ellen likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    That sounds like nutella( something like that) you put chocolate on your toast in the morning! see you were ahead of your time
    I don't like Nutella, either. I tried it at my grandparent's house many years after my own experimentation and I didn't like either the hazelnut part or the chocolate part. They both had an odd taste to me.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I don't like Nutella, either. I tried it at my grandparent's house many years after my own experimentation and I didn't like either the hazelnut part or the chocolate part. They both had an odd taste to me.
    I love chocolate, but not in the morning and not on toast
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I love chocolate, but not in the morning and not on toast
    I like salty foods in the morning.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread