+ Reply to Thread
Page 202 of 207 FirstFirst ... 102152192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207 LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2070
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: MasterChef

Yeah this season sucked overall. I hope next season is tons better.

I think Krissie sucked, myboyfriendJames and the others tried very hard
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

What kind of bothers me is how, two seasons in a row, the huuuge underdog story won. The blind chef last season, and the guy this season that didn't even make it past the auditions last season...

I love them both as people but I'd like less of that next time.

If some guy comes in with three eyes, no arms, and five legs next season, he might win!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    What kind of bothers me is how, two seasons in a row, the huuuge underdog story won. The blind chef last season, and the guy this season that didn't even make it past the auditions last season...

I love them both as people but I'd like less of that next time.

If some guy comes in with three eyes, no arms, and five legs next season, he might win!
    I have to agree with last season. As nice and talented as Christine was, it was a forgone conclusion that she would win from Day One. It made last season very boring for me because it was so obvious from the start she would win. I don't think they had a harsh word to say to her about any dish she cooked ever. This season they had several bad things to say about Luca's cooking and truthfully I thought he was out of his league for a while there, but about 3/4 of the way through the season he seemed to make a trunaround and started cooking more difficult and 'upscale' things. I'm sure it was just the story arc they were going for, but I'm still happy with the result.....(and yes, whomever said he was winning because they flew his family in....I thought the same thing!)

FORT Fogey

Don't you think that is WHY they made such a big deal of Luca coming back??? They already had their winner selected in Chrstine, yet they also thought Luca would make a great winner....so they told him to come back.

I was surprised that Luca won but very happy!!! I agree with everything jadewarlock said about him.
    His infectious energy, love for cooking, desire to do better for himself, and generosity of spirit towards the other contestants all make him a very deserving winner. He also has shown major improvement in his technique and plating.

I think Natasha was a strong second though. Her finale dishes were very complex and difficult also and I think she could have a very successful career as a chef after this because she takes risks and tries new things.
    It was the right F2.

Johnny - last season, Luca made it past the auditions, but not into the top 20 chefs.

As an amusing aside, I had just made beef short ribs in my pressure cooker for dinner a couple nights ago. I only cooked mine about 40 minutes too. I didn't brown mine as long as it looked like he did but I'm going to try it next time!
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Don't you think that is WHY they made such a big deal of Luca coming back??? They already had their winner selected in Chrstine, yet they also thought Luca would make a great winner....so they told him to come back.
    I have to disagree here. Why?

1. In most reality TV shows you can continue to try out until you are selected. Luca mentioned hating being so close to making it last year but being eliminated, so I see it as a natural progression to try again if you truly think the show is good for you.

Or in short, even if they asked him to return because they thought they saw Christine as the winner, there was no guarantee he'd be back.

2. The show is filmed way in advance before they start editing the season for the stories. This is why say the 6-month gap between Survivor series, yet we know sometimes they film the show at the same location for two seasons. The remaining time is used for editing storylines.

In short - they KNEW Luca would win, because he already had won and they edited the season to reflect on who the winner was going to be. It's the same thing that happened with Krissie and a few other contestants and their attitudes. Now, I DO think Krissie acted like a bully (and admitted it herself) but even I know some things were edited to enhance that appearance.
    Arielflies likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Luca won? What. a. shocker.

I like Luca enough, and I wish him well. As for Natasha, I don't care for her much, (but if she didn't know that), I'd be quite happy to pay big bucks for a meal she cooked. I was really impressed with her performance.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Luca won? What. a. shocker.

I like Luca enough, and I wish him well. As for Natasha, I don't care for her much, (but if she didn't know that), I'd be quite happy to pay big bucks for a meal she cooked. I was really impressed with her performance.
    I was pulling for Luca for the win -- mainly based on (not only his cooking skills -- which all of the real contenders had) his integrity.
    He shared ingredients -- twice, that I remember, near the end -- with his competitors, fully knowing that it might knock him out. But he did it anyway, and had confidence in his skills. And didn't want to win simply by a technicality. As a freelancer (most people don't get it), I understand and respect his point of view.
    I'm happy for Luca.
    But, as a San Diegan, I'll have Natasha on my radar. If she's involved in any advanced capacity in a restaurant or market in my area, I'll be there.
    CupidGuest likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I did like season 3 much better, and I don't think they had Christine as a percieved winner from the start, but she did demonstrate that she earned her victory. Luca started off weak, but as time went by, he really upped his game a lot, so I'm fine with him winning. I also noticed that it seems most of the other contestants were rooting for him to win, I know I saw at least Krissi, Bri, Kathy and Sasha rooting for him, and Jordan and Jessie for Natasha, so I wonder who the others were rooting for.

Overall, though, I enjoyed season 1, really enjoyed season 3 despite some bullcrap happening in it (namely Josh's constant saves from elimination by the judges due to clear favoritism), I thought sseason 2 was average at best, but this season was just bad. Most of the likeable and interesting contestants were eliminated very early, way too much time was spent on all the nasty drama caused by Krissi and Natasha, not enough time was spent on the food itself, and I was especially sick and tired of the nigh endless ammount of immunities the judges handed over, as the previous seasons had far less immunities in them, I like it better when the Mystery Box winner has to participate but will still have an advantage, and also prefer it when the entire losing team in a tea challenge has to participate in the pressure test. All those immunities only cause drama, which I don't care about, I just wanna see these people cook.

I can only hope MasterChef Junior will be good and pick up the franchise from the hole this season left it in.
    spockwhat likes this.

+ Reply to Thread