+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think Natasha is the better cook . Luca is good, but Natasha is better imho
    I think she is a better cook too. Luca is no slouch, he can cook add that to his personality, I think he will win.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Newbie

I imagine producers telling Krissi "you're the villain now and an important part of the story. If you can just bring it up a notch I can assure you it would be in our mutual interest to keep you in this competition as long as possible, capishe?" In that respect I don't imagine the show to be entirely scripted, in the technical sense, but it's certainly contrived.

In this setting I'm still going to respect the folks who consciously avoid drama and just perform solidly. In season 2 my favorite was Tracy Kontos. Anyone remember her?

She didn't get as much screen time because she avoided the drama. Tracy was my favorite. When she was eliminated she was offered free training at Le Cordon Bleu and employment at any one of the judge's restaurants. Her genuine reaction to their offer made me feel some heartfelt joy ... which, I suppose is the whole purpose of reality TV.

This season I really liked Jesse who didn't really let herself get baited into conflict onscreen even when Krissi was looking for a fight.

Krissi is probably not the evil persona that comes across on screen, but at the very least she can be faulted for confabulating drama and provoking other contestants for the sake of television. It was also her choice to go "over the top" by flipping off other contestants, cursing openly, throwing food at Luca and almost laying hands on Brie. And she's "doing this all for her son"? That line was wearing thin by the third time she said it.

I think that calling Krissi a "cow" has less to do with her weight than with her attitude. And I can't say she doesn't deserve it. And she's used even harsher terms about others. I don't know Krissi as a person, but I do struggle to find redeeming qualities about her on screen.

Come to think of it there is one moment where I liked Krissi. It was during her audition when her son was with her. I'm now baffled how she'd let her son see her on television like this, unless she's like that as home as well. But I digress. In a nutshell it's better that she's gone.
    Last edited by Longbough; 09-07-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    spockwhat, Cornholio and wannasee like this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Like another poster said, this "contest" is so rigged, it's farcical.
    Unlike a lot here, I don't Hate Krissi. I truly believe that she played the part that TPTB wanted her to. I think she's probably a hot head in real life, maybe a negative thinker but not the character she "played on tv."
    I'm not entirely sure Krissi was simply playing a scripted role.

Here's Krissi on Twitter in 2012 before she deleted the account.

I guess the reality is uglier.

I'm sorry her son has this role model.
    Last edited by Longbough; 09-07-2013 at 04:07 PM.
    Cornholio and JohnnyK like this.

I'm not at all sure Krissi was playing a scripted role. But even if she was, the fact that she would agree to portray herself like that for a tv spot or for money, especially with a child at home, is just as despicable as the things she has said and done. Additionally, unless you are an actor or actress, language like that and threats of violence do not come easily unless you are accustomed to doing that. I'm just glad to see the last of her.

Natasha did not play nice, but she was nowhere near as bad as Krissi to me, and she has demonstrated good cooking skills. Some of her recipes would interest me as would some of Luca's, Jesse's and James'.
    Uncle David likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Longbough View Post
    I'm not entirely sure Krissi was simply playing a scripted role.

Here's Krissi on Twitter in 2012 before she deleted the account.

I guess the reality is uglier.

I'm sorry her son has this role model.
    Yeah I can't forgive her for this.

Forgot to add that I did get a great recipe from this last show from Luca. Being 100% Italian, I thought I knew most Italian dishes but I'd never heard of Frico Caldo.....the dish he made w/the potatoes and cheese. So I hunted around the internet until I found one that seemed just right.....this one adds Prosciutto to it.....can't go wrong w/that ingredient! Can't wait to try it so thank you, Luca!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Jessie was my girl! So sad she's out. No real interest in the final episode. Dislike Natasha, and, although I like Luca personally, I find his cooking uninspiring.

Seriously! Natasha gets into the final with a cold noodle dish? Don't tell me this wasn't rigged!
    Jessie was my favorite too. Joe offered her a job so she may end up with the better future. I was happy to hear him give her that.
    Uncle David likes this.

I finally watched, nobody really wows me like last season. As much as I love Luca, I think Natasha should win. If its cooking and personality, then Luca will
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Jessie was my favorite too. Joe offered her a job so she may end up with the better future. I was happy to hear him give her that.
    I didn't stick around long enough to hear Joe offer the job. Glad to hear she got the recognition she deserved.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I didn't stick around long enough to hear Joe offer the job. Glad to hear she got the recognition she deserved.
    He said he will welcome her in any of his restaurants; she has the option to choose the location.

Soon after joining his parents' restaurant business, he convinced his parents to put up the capital and partner with him in 1993 to open Becco (Italian for "peck, nibble, savor") in the Theater District in Manhattan. Like Felidia, Becco was successful. The family opened additional restaurants outside New York City, starting with Lidia's Kansas City in 1993. In 1997 Felice and Lidia Bastianich divorced after 31 years of marriage. His father resigned from the business and transferred his share in the partnership to their two children, Joseph and Tanya.

The following year, Joe teamed up with chef Mario Batali to open Babbo Ristorante e Enoteca. The restaurant earned three stars from The New York Times.[citation needed] Continuing the partnership, the pair opened seven more restaurants in New York City: Lupa, Esca, Casa Mono, Bar Jamón, Otto, Del Posto (in 2005),[7] and most recently (2010), Eataly. In Los Angeles, Bastianich and Batali opened Osteria Mozza and Pizzeria Mozza (which were later copied at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore), and in Las Vegas, B&B Ristorante, Enoteca San Marco, and Carnevino. Closer to home, the duo revived the old Tarry Lodge in Port Chester, New York.[8] In 2010, Del Posto became "the first Italian restaurant to receive a four-star ranking in [The New York Times] since Parioli Romanissimo, reviewed by John Canaday in 1974," 36 years earlier.[7]

+ Reply to Thread