+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 207 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

I just hope we don't have to waste 3 weeks of episodes watching auditions. I want to watch a competition.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4009411;
    Ugh, it was as though he just took two things he loved and decided to make them into a soup.
    Can you imagine the kind of stuff you could create using that formula?
    Pizza and lemonade soup? Tuna and Mountain Dew?
    Having said that, it was such a bizarre idea to me that I wanted it to taste good because it seemed that anyone who could make it tasty would have some pretty serious culinary talent.
    I would imagine that the chef who runs the Beer Bistro in downtown Toronto could make a decent beer & cheese soup (I dislike cheese soup in general though, so I doubt that I would enjoy it). And Welsh rabbit calls for cheese and ale, so it's not that unusual a combo.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I really enjoyed this show! The contestents were quite varied and their cooking skills/raison d'etre were compelling. I did feel for the judges having to tast some of those dishes. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out. And I don't mind these "auditions". These people aren't nearly as delusional as the AI tryouts.

I told my DH that Gordon Ramsay is one of those people who I'd love to hang out with IRL to see what he's really like. On each of his shows, he has such a different personality. He's the best when he's talking about food though. And hello - speaking en francais??? Yowsa!!!!!

That was a fun episode. I hope Gordon isn't seriously squashed by any of the contestants during the obligatory bear hug.

What does the title of "Master Chef" mean? In particular, why would this person be the first US Master Chef?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have a friend who talks so much smack about her cooking that she would have fit right into that show. I have tasted it, and she's not so much talking smack as she is talking truth. She's got that true, deep passion. And, for a southern, country-type cook, she is able to keep her foods as healthy as she wants to. People are always bugging her to cook for them or suggesting that she needs to open a restaurant. Interestingly enough, she's shy about just about everything until it comes to her cooking!

I am jealous!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Actually I didn't think Beer Cheese Soup was all that weird. There is something called 'beer cheese' (very popular in Kentucky especially). It's a mix of cheddar cheese, spices, and beer. The version I have made has it heated and used as a dip or heated and cooled and used as a spread. I love it on burgers. Google it- it's pretty easy to make- and pretty yummy too!

I think the fact he made it into a soup was more odd to me than the fact he used beer and cheese.
    I can think of ways to combine those ingredients, but it was that he put them into a soup that kind of threw me.
    It looked like the basis of another dish, not something that would be served on its own with a few croutons.
    Last edited by fluff; 07-28-2010 at 01:41 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm really disliking Chef (Kilo)Graham. He gave almost everyone a yes, even the the guy with the beer-cheese soup.

I'm in!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

It reminded me a lot of American Idol in that people had to audition in front of three judges and instead of a golden ticket, they ran out clutching an apron, and shrieking with joy that they had gotten one step further!
    I'll keep watching to see what happens next.

+ Reply to Thread