+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Gordon had no business asking to taste a dish Jessie wasn't offering. It's a form of cheating and she should neither benefit nor have it held against her.

It may be why she just lost.... Boo!!
    Maybaybie and zookeepertx like this.

FORT Newbie

Thank you. Finally that evil hag is gone. Now bring James back.

Ding dong, the witch is dead, the wicked witch, the wicked witch...
    Revenge is ice cream.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

So Jessie went out in 3rd place?

Looks like the F2 are Luca and Natasha. Luca will so win.

I'm glad Krissi didn't even get third. She got fourth! Not even a bronze! Ha!

I think Luca will win this I haven't seen it tonight, thanks for the updates
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I want Luca to win because after four seasons it's finally time for a man to win.

Now I am not being sexist, if it was three men winners in a row I'd be saying the opposite.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Grrr! While I'm happy that Krissi didn't make it to the final two, I'm so disappointed that Jessie didn't make it. I agree with Brooks that I feel like the judges counted her down for the dish that didn't make it to her plate and that doesn't seem fair. If they hadn't tasted it, would they have thought she did enough to make it to the final two? I didn't think the problem with her noodles sounded bad enough to bring her down. Although, it was stupid of her to forget the butter and to have to ask for it from another chef.

I haven't been impressed with Luca from the beginning so I'm disappointed he made it to the end. I think Jessie is a much better cook than he is. So now I guess I'll be rooting for Natasha.

I must say that the more seasons go by, the less I like Gordon Ramsey's cooking competition shows. I stopped watching Hell's Kitchen several seasons back and Masterchef has so much manufactured drama and questionable judgements, I'm quickly losing interest in it, too. My opinion of reality shows is if the basic concept of the show is good, you don't need special twists. The more gimmicks they throw in and the more the producers manipulate the outcome, the less I like the show.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

I love it that Luca was willing to give Jessie the butter, just as he had given Natasha garlic once before. He made a point of saying that if giving an ingredient to a competitor is what caused him to be eliminated, he didn't deserve to stay because HE didn't do his job better. He has been a breath of fresh air.

Natasha is probably the better skilled cook, but Luca oozes charm and genuine likeability. I would buy his cookbook, and I don't even cook much!
    Kip, Hyper, Arielflies and 3 others like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    ...I do take offense to the cow comments... as much as I am not a Krissi fan.
    Me too but mainly because it's an insult to the bovine community.
    Kip and Florimel like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I love it that Luca was willing to give Jessie the butter, just as he had given Natasha garlic once before. He made a point of saying that if giving an ingredient to a competitor is what caused him to be eliminated, he didn't deserve to stay because HE didn't do his job better. He has been a breath of fresh air.

Natasha is probably the better skilled cook, but Luca oozes charm and genuine likeability. I would buy his cookbook, and I don't even cook much!
    I think Luca is also taking this competition for what it is - a contest and in a way a job application. Yes, he's talked smack, but its never been in malice (i.e. Kristie) and when the contestant shows him wrong, he is justly humbled and gives credit where credit is due. Even tonight with Natasha... he admitted he didn't like her a lot (from what I've seen more because of the competition) but he saw that she was a good homecook and wanted the best in the final three.

Now is he the best homecook? - I think we will see next week. He has earned his spot though and deserves the chance.

Next week will be interesting because I think both are skilled in their own way so either will be deserving of the title. I do think it's time for a male to win this show; however, if Luca is not the best next week then he should not win. (Though admittedly I do think he would sell more cookbooks though).
    mushybrain likes this.

+ Reply to Thread