+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

BTW, Krassy shd have been eliminated in that Vietnamese noodle challenge as she cheated and just copied what everyone was taking on the pantry. She had no idea of the other ingredients. Her broth may be better than Natasha's but she put too much noodles plus it is a bit overcooked along with the contents.

Krissi should have gone home based on the noodles. Not just because she cheated, but also because based on the comments from the judges her noodle soup was the worst. They thought considering her lack of exposure to Asian food it was good, but based on the merit of the soup and the comments, it sounded to me like it was clearly the worst and was still lacking key ingredients. Natasha's was supposedly wonderful but just needed a little more salt. It was obvious that Natasha's was better. To keep Krissi was blatantly unfair and showed favoritism or the fact that they are keeping her around for ratings.

We love Jesse and Luca! So glad they were the top dogs in the Paula Deen southern cook-off. I am rooting for Jesse!

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    You know that's right.

I really don't want to watch yet another better cook than Krissi go home next week. I understand that they are gunning for a Luca vs. Krissi finale or Jessie vs. Krissi finale... but I don't think I could stomach watching either Natasha or any of them go home again before Krissi.

It was insulting enough to great cooks like James, Jordan, Bri, etc... no more. With James and Bri it was going really way too far already... such a slap in the face. YAY! The bully beat Bri! Isn't the audience happy with that?
    No, because we aren't all a**holes, producers.

Ok, enough from me, I still haven't gotten over the result of Bear Grylls's show, it's pouring over.
    I like Krissi. Call me a***hole. Seriously, she reminds me very much of a good friend of mine who has giant attitude, but is one of my favourite people who can take as good as she gives out. I don't think she's going to win - I foresee a Natasha/Luca finale with Luca winning. The judges pick their favourite and Luca is clearly a big favourite - so is Jessie but it's time for a male winner. I'm fine with that. I've liked Luca since his appearance last year.

Did not watch Get Out Alive finale yet - now I'm dying to know who won!
    just1paul likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

They are not keeping Krissi around for my ratings. She's the number 1 reason why I've stopped watching the show this season.
    causingchaos likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

The MasterChef production are idiots. Any of these stupid shows that think stupid drama brings ratings are demented.

She's the number 1 reason why I've stopped watching the show this season.
    Exactly. I hate FOX and every show on it.
    causingchaos likes this.

I can't believe Krassi escaped yet again! I agree, she absolutely should have been gone over that noodle dish. *sigh* As for taking it as good as she gives it? No she doesn't. Every time she gets a little bit of her attitude thrown back at her by other contestants she says "F YOU" to them. I don't hear that from the Jesse, Luca, James, Bri, etc, etc... when Krassi starts ragging on them.
    Florimel and zookeepertx like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I tripped over BBC America's "Master Chef UK - The Professionals" last week, so now I'm DVRing the last season and catching up.

I really, really like it. Of course, it is pros and not home cooks, but it's respectful and there's no strategy...just cook your best and you'll move on. (And I've learned stuff during the Skills test, although I'm not really sure when I'm ever going to have to break down and cook a beef kidney ;-) )
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    So James wins the Mystery Box and is told "You are IN the Final Four!" and then the other 4 cook and they don't send anyone home, so James really wasn't in the Final Four and then in the next episode he gets sent home and never makes the Final Four at all. Damn...he got screwed. (Can I say that here??)

Truthfully Natasha should have gone home for the soup. Luca and Jessie nailed it and the judges said Krissi's was really good, but not perfect. Natasha's was the only one they had anything negative to say and that it was too sweet and didn't have enough salt. Obviously they didn't want her to go home because they changed their tune and said everyone's was almost perfect. Uh...yeah...okay then.
    I agree James got cheated. He was promised final 4. If they didn't want to send anybody home that challenge, James should have had immunity for the Paula Dean challenge.

So Krassy should have gone home then if James was promised final 4 and should not have to participate in the elimination challenge. Yea, James was royally screwed. He had to cook the toughest one because Luca and Jesse wanted to get rid of him. If Krassy was given dessert, she would have gone down in flames. In fact I think she should have gone home for overcooking the meat. At least, Jame's dessert tasted better. I am surprised that Luka is the last man standing.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Bolded by me.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I like Krissi. Call me a***hole. Seriously, she reminds me very much of a good friend of mine who has giant attitude, but is one of my favourite people who can take as good as she gives out. I don't think she's going to win - I foresee a Natasha/Luca finale with Luca winning. The judges pick their favourite and Luca is clearly a big favourite - so is Jessie but it's time for a male winner. I'm fine with that. I've liked Luca since his appearance last year.

Did not watch Get Out Alive finale yet - now I'm dying to know who won!
    oh. awkward.

Seriously, I don't think you're an a**hole... I was ticked, obviously.
    I have lots of pet peeves, and Krissi embodies two of my worst: people who resort to violence or threats of whenever they perceive conflict; "Bri is the kind of person I used to beat up in highschool. And, those who are 'grown-up' (add, with children) and are still stuck with their high-school mentality.

A third pet peeve is the person who spoils one show by posting something in another thread. I hope I didn't go so far... I would have to come up with a nasty name or something to call myself for that one. And I might forget the asterisks and get into all kinds of trouble. heh.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

+ Reply to Thread