+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 207 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Darn, I really liked Tony. Max, well, he'll be punted eventually. If he can't flip a burger - not to mention he already captained a losing team - his days are probably numbered. Derrick is my new favourite. I like his personality and demeanour, but he was a little shaky when it came to leading a team.
    I like Derrick, the guy made his own chorizo! Man can cook and he has a personality to match. His leadership skills were shaky, but his team won.
    Last edited by libgirl2; 06-22-2011 at 05:27 PM.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

While I agree that Max is smug and cocky. And I absolutely saw his mean smirk when Tony was eliminated. However, I think that Tony did not live up to the teamwork portion and failed to respect Max as leader. Just because he's a "Kid" and a jerk, doesn't change the fact that he was in charge and should have been treated accordingly.

Christian, Derrick and Guiseppe are my faves of the guys. For the girls, it seems Alejandra is a standout. I cannot stand Suzy!! Her attitude is even more entitled that Max's. I couldn't believe she dissed the judges' judging of Christian's dish over hers!

ETA: Has anyone been to Fox's Masterchef site? There is a contestant's section with a video for each contestant where they cook a dish at home. It's fun to watch. Guiseppe is my fave of these.
    Last edited by MiaT2; 06-23-2011 at 09:16 AM.
    Hyper likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I just realized why I like Derrick. He reminds me of Derek Smalls, and anything that makes me think of Spinal Tap is okay by me .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I just realized why I like Derrick. He reminds me of Derek Smalls, and anything that makes me think of Spinal Tap is okay by me .
    I wonder if HE has any artificial plates or limbs?

Derrick is a favourite of mine as well... I just love his enthusiastic attitude. Everyone around him is in tears, but he is pretty positive. I also kind of like the geek with the glasses... Ben? He won't be around until the end, but he seems to pretty kind to others and is humble about his own failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I despise Max too. Cocky, arrogant, snooty, condescending, too full of himself, constantly putting down others.
    I can't wait to see that kid get the boot. Clearly he can cook but his attitude sucks and I want to see him get knocked down.

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl View Post
    I can't wait to see that kid get the boot. Clearly he can cook but his attitude sucks and I want to see him get knocked down.
    I have to agree, he makes me want to change the channel. Maybe some viewers like people like that, I don't .
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

It is funny how no single person has risen to the top yet. Those who were early stars have been replaced by others who have had the best dishes. Last night's elimination was not a viewer favorite for sure!!!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

But we came "that close" to having our least favorite contestant eliminated. Sometimes folks like that get really rattled by criticism - especially when the judges were laughing at his 15 layers of crepe. Perhaps he'll continue to flounder, now that he's been knocked down a peg or two.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    But we came "that close" to having our least favorite contestant eliminated. Sometimes folks like that get really rattled by criticism - especially when the judges were laughing at his 15 layers of crepe. Perhaps he'll continue to flounder, now that he's been knocked down a peg or two.
    I don't think it phased him at all. The only way he would have been knocked down is if they'd actually sent him home, but I figured he was safe as compared to the two people he was standing next to. I think he did, too.

It irritates me that I didn't see one dish from ANY of my favorite contestants. We saw their faces but nothing nada zip zilch about the cooking efforts from Derrick, Christian, Ben or Guiseppe. In particular I was dying to see Guiseppe's coffee dessert. His lemon puff pastries from a few weeks ago looked to die for and I'm angry that I didn't get to see how he got creative with coffee.

I was, however, howling with laughter at the judges' reactions and facial expressions when tasting Max's crepe dish. Just thinking about it is making me chuckle. Alvin's beignets would have been better off filled with a simple coffee pudding or mousse. He didn't have to get so crazy with the chemistry.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread