+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

I myself don't much like the team challenges in any MasterChef because they rarely have anything, if ever,, to do with being a homecook. The one I clearly remember having something to actually do with being a homecook was a very early, I believe the very first, team challenge in the current season of MasterChef Australia, where teams had to create a "big family dinner" for the opposite team and judges to eat. That one works because big family dinners are pretty much staples of being a homecook and they can test skills from cooking to prep work to how the dishes meld together as a cohesive full meal.
    Photobabe likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I've overcome a lot of my fear of heights but that awful scary feeling inside does not go away...just learned to do SOME things where height is involved.
    Yes, those 2 feet could make a difference. I couldn't be out in the open that high up but I could probably climb up to where Krissi was, feeling I was a little more protected all hunched down w/the stairwell around me....out in the open would be just too scary.

Krissi is a hateful rude crude person on this show. But I really think that a lot of it is an act. I think her feisty disposition opened up an opportunity for TPTB to see a great chance for extra drama. We may never know but I think it's mostly an act.
    I look at Krissi's Facebook page once in a while. She has said good things about some of the other contestants, or says little at all about them at all. She says "Bri is good people - we fight like sisters." And she has laughed at Luca's actions towards her. I do believe that "feisty" is a good definition of what she's like in real life. And it seems to me (I may have said this before here) that Natasha, Justin, etc., formed a "mean girls' club" early on that targeted Krissi. I think a lot of what we see is her defensive reaction . . . on steroids.

Would I hang out with her? Probably not. Do I understand why she is behaving the way she is? I think so.
    Hyper likes this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I know, but the longer Krissi stays on the show the worse she gets. And the more we will have had enough of her. They could have done her a favor and gotten rid of her weeks ago.

Not to mention done US a favor by getting rid of her!

The restaurant kitchen with red vs. blue just made me feel like I was watching Hell's Kitchen. Didn't like it. But the restaurant's views were incredible and the food looked awesome. The scallops looked to die for.

Does anyone think that it's a possibility that the producers choose a contestant to be the bad guy and pay them to amplify their character and come off badly? I have thought this on MasterChef a couple of other seasons too - it seems like they choose someone with less money who might be tempted to act up for an extra say $5,000 and that maybe the other contestants don't REALLY hate Krassi because they know the situation and have normal time with her behind the scenes? Thoughts?

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Cornholio, I wouldn't put it past them. I think the same of Hell's Kitchen all the time.

That said, I don't like anyone who would sell out their own self for a few extra bucks either and present something awful as who they are. So, either way...
    Cornholio likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

FORT Fogey

I don't think they have to pay them extra----just present them with the "script" and the mention that they might stay on longer if the follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Does anyone think that it's a possibility that the producers choose a contestant to be the bad guy and pay them to amplify their character and come off badly? I have thought this on MasterChef a couple of other seasons too - it seems like they choose someone with less money who might be tempted to act up for an extra say $5,000 and that maybe the other contestants don't REALLY hate Krassi because they know the situation and have normal time with her behind the scenes? Thoughts?
    Back on Friday, I posted pretty much the same thought. I know people (viewers) really dislike Krissi but I too wondered if they didn't just pick up on her sarcastic personality and run with it. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if money was offered to create more drama. Krissi, to me, seems like someone who would just run with it. I just don't think she's as nasty as what we are shown.
    Cornholio and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Back on Friday, I posted pretty much the same thought. I know people (viewers) really dislike Krissi but I too wondered if they didn't just pick up on her sarcastic personality and run with it. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if money was offered to create more drama. Krissi, to me, seems like someone who would just run with it. I just don't think she's as nasty as what we are shown.
    I don't think she is either They just go way OTT with her , its all in the editing. Reality TV is nothing but good and bad editing. I like the cooking
    Cornholio likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't think she is either They just go way OTT with her , its all in the editing. Reality TV is nothing but good and bad editing. I like the cooking
    Even if she's just one tenth of what the edit her to be, I still wouldn't like her at all.
    Ellen, Florimel, mesachick and 1 others like this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Even if she's just one tenth of what the edit her to be, I still wouldn't like her at all.
    I'm with you, I just can't stand her, and have pretty much checked out of this season because of her and a cast in general that I find just plain unpleasant. Krassy is just the cherry on the sunday, so to speak. I prefer the cooking without the drama. I've been DVR'ing the show and doing a lot of fast forwarding instead of watching closely.
    Florimel, ibot2much and mesachick like this.

+ Reply to Thread