+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: MasterChef

I hate this show, MasterKrissi. (I was going to use Krissichef, but that's an oxymoron).
    Anyway, it sucks.
    Krissi is so delusional: "The only reason they want to get rid of me is because I'm a threat." Like it has nothing to do with her anti-social personality.

Isn't Natasha enough of a villian to keep this show going? Do we really need crazy Krissi there?

One incidental bonus was Luca bitching at Krissi from the gallery. That was fun.
    zookeepertx likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    One incidental bonus was Luca bitching at Krissi from the gallery. That was fun.
    My favorite scenes were Krissi's interactions with the peanut gallery, like when she flicked her spoon at them and food went flying.

Next week the kids get to harrass the contestants while they cook.

FORT Fogey

I could not watch last night----Once I saw the "poor" K fear of heights things ( her shaking with fear in the corner of the stair well was almost too much) and then saw that we would be treated to a Hell's Kitchen type of episode, I turned it off.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Once I saw the "poor" K fear of heights things (her shaking with fear in the corner of the stair well was almost too much)
    You know, it struck me more like nausea. Maybe she was hungover. Maybe it had very little to do with heights but was edited that way.

I'm afraid of heights and no way would you get me up there!

The episode was rather anti-climatic. Bri comes back and Bri leaves.
    zookeepertx likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I have zero sympathy for Krissie...none what-so-ever. Wish they would have had to jump out of a plane like Top Chef Masters did.
    Kip and Florimel like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I hate this show, MasterKrissi. (I was going to use Krissichef, but that's an oxymoron).
    Anyway, it sucks.
    Krissi is so delusional: "The only reason they want to get rid of me is because I'm a threat." Like it has nothing to do with her anti-social personality.
    Or the fact she has lost every single team challenge, and been a major part of it.

I think the only reason they did no free pass from the pressure test is because they were gunning for a Bri-Krissie showdown and you could tell it.

Isn't Natasha enough of a villian to keep this show going? Do we really need crazy Krissi there?

Natasha is a "villian" but one who can back up her comments with her cooking. Krissie is one of those Snidley Whiplash types who think they're evil/dominating, but in the end get laughed at by Muttley (the dog), who tends to do better in the schemes. (I will concede though Snidley is quite a bit more nicer in comparison)

And yes, Luca's comments are funny and he is rather accurate. Like I said though - he does give credit where it's due though, such as when Natasha beat his challenge. You could see it in his eyes he was upset but still had respect for her.

Also, another thing that bugged me - if Krissie was so scared of heights, WHY did she stay anywhere near the roof? she was on the stairs and not that much farther from the top. She could've stood in the center of the building where she knew she wouldn't fall off, and been fine.

I'm saying this having had the opportunity in my career to get to be in two fire truck ladders with a mild fear of heights, one at 103 feet above ground with a belt...

And 65 feet up with NO belt, in that small basket.

Meaning - she overreacted - if she was truly that deeply fearful, she'd been INSIDE the building.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 08-22-2013 at 10:25 AM.

Awww, now, you could've gone with Krassichef!

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Meaning - she overreacted - if she was truly that deeply fearful, she'd been INSIDE the building.
    In all fairness (I loathe Krissi), I have severe acrophobia and I didn't find her behaviour particularly overreactive. I work on the 26th floor and can see out the window from where I sit - I have learned to tolerate that situation out of necessity, but I can't go near the window or I start hyperventilating. I also have the occasional panic attack in the elevator, and will not use one to go anywhere I don't have to. So I left the tour of New York in the lobby of the Empire State Building. Don't care how good the view is.
    libgirl2 and bee stung lips like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    In all fairness (I loathe Krissi), I have severe acrophobia and I didn't find her behaviour particularly overreactive. I work on the 26th floor and can see out the window from where I sit - I have learned to tolerate that situation out of necessity, but I can't go near the window or I start hyperventilating. I also have the occasional panic attack in the elevator, and will not use one to go anywhere I don't have to. So I left the tour of New York in the lobby of the Empire State Building. Don't care how good the view is.
    No, it isn't... but she's already outside like halfway up the short set of stairs at the top of the building. I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for someone who has already made it that high up to stop a couple of steps due to acrophobia.

And pardon for being callous, but two more feet isn't going to make much of a difference if you're already up there with the condition.

That's where I feel's she's honestly overacting if not overreacting. It just felt melodramatic by then... as though they're trying to give her sympathy or have understanding or whatnot.

+ Reply to Thread