+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

  1. #1711
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,609

    Re: MasterChef

    Not me. I had to quit watching AGT because I hated to see kids cry.

  2. #1712
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6

    Re: MasterChef

    Yes, Ramsey et al, will have to be nice to the kids, and I have seen either 1 or 2 shows where Ramsey had Kids cooking-had to be on BBC. He did not curse once and was great with them. But remember for every adult Krissy and Natasha, they had to be CHILDREN ONCE! Let's face the facts, Adults who are BULLIES, Sneaks, Cheaters, Nasty, & think they are better then others... started as CHILDREN like that. It is a LEARNED BEHAVIOR and normally learned from their parents. If you hear of a kid who is hitting, biting, making others cry in nursery school, most likely, 10 years later, they will be the High School Bullies. Those who act like the QUEEN BEE-the Natasha type-EVEN in Nursery School hey are popular, have other kids around HER, wanted HER to be their friend, but she is the one who controls, picks out those who are worthy. And this continues all through school. Unless Gorden and the rest REALLY interview these kids, and weed out bullies, I am sure we will see child chef to be's who are bullies, Queens, introverts, and all the other makeups like on Master Chef.. and some I am sure SMART enough to get others GANG up on the weakest there... Or, better, gang up on a weaker chef personality wise, but who is a good chef. Some kids are very sly..
    petertracy likes this.

  3. #1713
    FORT Fogey Maybaybie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    979

    Re: MasterChef

    Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    If you're so hot, Bri, take the sweater off & TIE YOUR HAIR BACK!!
    I was yelling the same thing at my TV!

  4. #1714
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,751

    Re: MasterChef

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Will anyone be watching Junior Masterchef when it starts in Sept or whenever?

    I probably will.
    I will take a peek, the munchkins looked so cute. But there are so many good shows on in the fall( not reality) so might be too busy
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  5. #1715
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,609

    Re: MasterChef

    Quote Originally Posted by amber70 View Post
    Yes, Ramsey et al, will have to be nice to the kids, and I have seen either 1 or 2 shows where Ramsey had Kids cooking-had to be on BBC. He did not curse once and was great with them. But remember for every adult Krissy and Natasha, they had to be CHILDREN ONCE! Let's face the facts, Adults who are BULLIES, Sneaks, Cheaters, Nasty, & think they are better then others... started as CHILDREN like that. It is a LEARNED BEHAVIOR and normally learned from their parents. If you hear of a kid who is hitting, biting, making others cry in nursery school, most likely, 10 years later, they will be the High School Bullies. Those who act like the QUEEN BEE-the Natasha type-EVEN in Nursery School hey are popular, have other kids around HER, wanted HER to be their friend, but she is the one who controls, picks out those who are worthy. And this continues all through school. Unless Gorden and the rest REALLY interview these kids, and weed out bullies, I am sure we will see child chef to be's who are bullies, Queens, introverts, and all the other makeups like on Master Chef.. and some I am sure SMART enough to get others GANG up on the weakest there... Or, better, gang up on a weaker chef personality wise, but who is a good chef. Some kids are very sly..
    The other evening I was switching around the dial and watched about 5 minutes of Toddlers & Tiaras. I keep hearing (usually from the mothers) that these pageants are "fun" and "something we do together." I have never seen such vicious "adults" . . . who are teaching their children that the only thing that matters is how you look and whether you get the biggest trophy.

    I was a bullied and abused child. I have no interest in watching children be taught the lessons I see on T&T. And, as you said, these kids learn young to be bullies. I don't need to see it on Master Chef.

  6. #1716
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,991

    Re: MasterChef

    Hopefully they aren't bullied and it is a fun show. I like to watch Chopped and sometimes the judges can be quite rough. They had a teen episode and were very nice to the kids. It is possible.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  7. #1717
    Unofficial Nomster Rembrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,081

    Re: MasterChef

    I have seen episodes of both seasons of the Australian version of MasterChef Junior, and it was honestly quite delightful. There were a couple of kids in both seasons who were a bit obnoxious at times, but never mean. I just loved seeing children cook really great things in a tough yet positive environment, you could tell the kids were enjoying it and the judges were very nice. I just hope the American version is like that, the preview I saw in Youtube looked pretty good. I just wish they had chosen a female chef as a third judge instead of bringing back sourpuss Bastianich for this too.

    Regarding last night, I was surprised to see Jessie being a bit jerkish at first, and not at all surprised to see James telling Luca to not clap, in all seriousness. I have never liked him. I also found it rather funny to see Krissi do nothing but badmouth Bime, yet absolutely love his dish. Not to mention he's already come out on top from this experience, now working full-time in a restaurant, whereas I doubt she'll be as lucky.

  8. #1718
    FORT Fogey Photobabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Too far from the beach
    Posts
    920

    Re: MasterChef

    I plan to give the kid version of MC a try. I don't see how it can be compared to Toddlers and Tiaras. The kids in the cooking competition will be competing because they have a talent and a skill. Looking pretty isn't going to help them! As long as the judges stay positive, consistent and firm it has a chance of being enjoyable for the viewers and a great learning experience for the kids.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

  9. #1719
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,751

    Re: MasterChef

    Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I plan to give the kid version of MC a try. I don't see how it can be compared to Toddlers and Tiaras. The kids in the cooking competition will be competing because they have a talent and a skill. Looking pretty isn't going to help them! As long as the judges stay positive, consistent and firm it has a chance of being enjoyable for the viewers and a great learning experience for the kids.
    Yes, good post .This I how I feel, although I don't watch Toddlers and Tiaras.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  10. #1720
    FORT Fogey Photobabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Too far from the beach
    Posts
    920

    Re: MasterChef

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes, good post .This I how I feel, although I don't watch Toddlers and Tiaras.
    I watched half an episode once. It was awful.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.