+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: MasterChef

Call me a cynic (or maybe a realist). One of the guys will win. There have been 3 female winners.

That's how I picked Ja'Nel early on to win Hell's Kitchen. They had not yet had an African American female as the winner.
    spockwhat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Presumably, the powers that be want to sell a cookbook after all of this. Based on that alone, Natasha is not winning.

Looking solely at who could sell a cookbook, my first pick now would be Luca, but I don't think the viewers can forget how poorly he has done here overall, or can they?

My second choices are now Jessie and James in a tie. Both are likeable and a good cover for a book... along with them are the return person. Lyn still can plate well, and Bri is unique to the show in that she could do a vegetarian book.
    Every time I think of Lyn, all I can see is him wiping his sweaty face with a towel and then using the towel to wipe the plates. I just can't unsee that!
    dzigner likes this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Every time I think of Lyn, all I can see is him wiping his sweaty face with a towel and then using the towel to wipe the plates. I just can't unsee that!
    I know, just gross. He seems a nice enough guy, but that horrid mistake is too hard to forget for the viewer... we'll see, I guess.

AZChristian, I totally agree. Thinking it over, it probably will be a guy... Luca or James. But I really find Jessie to be a pretty good person overall (if Krissie says she's TOO nice, then I have to like her. ), so we'll see. We're all forgetting about Jordan too. He's still the dark horse in all of this.
    mushybrain and AZChristian like this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

I really like Jessie, too, Spockwhat. She has stayed out of most of the drama, and she'd look great on the cover of a cookbook with a theme like, "You don't need a huge kitchen to create amazing meals." (Based on her job as a yacht chef.)

Considering that Christine's book has become a best seller, you know the producers really don't want to screw up on this year's winner so the cookbook can be successful this year too. So, based on all we've seen, I just can't see Natasha or Krissi winning. Who the heck would want to buy a book from women so nasty? Jordan has also been a snobby snippy guy, I can't see him winning either. At this point, only people I see winning are whoever returns, Luca (even though he's been just average most of the season), Jessie and James, even though I don't really like him, I think he's a bit snippy too.

Peculiarthat if Jessie and James were in the finals, it would be a Team Rocket cook-off... gosh, that was a bad one...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I vote we buy Christine's book and be done with it! She's a proven winner!

Cookbooks never get old.....even for non-cooks like me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

proshay, I couldn't agree more that cookbooks never get old. I'm still using recipes from the Settlement Cookbook, first published in 1901. My print copy died years ago, but I can still find it online.

That's one reason I can't stand when the chefs/judges complain that a dish is, so sixties, or seventies, or eighties, or whatever. Good food is good food whether or no it's a current fad.
    prhoshay likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love to read cookbooks. I don't really cook. I will browse them and buy!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I love to read cookbooks. I don't really cook. I will browse them and buy!
    Yep, me too. Everytime I buy one, I ask myself why I'm buying this, I have a computer and tons of recipe sites I could visit, but I can't resist. I admit, I have a couple of Gordon's... but I do intend to make beef wellingtons once I get up the courage to spend the money on the proper cut of meat and risk ruining it.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Yep, me too. Everytime I buy one, I ask myself why I'm buying this, I have a computer and tons of recipe sites I could visit, but I can't resist. I admit, I have a couple of Gordon's... but I do intend to make beef wellingtons once I get up the courage to spend the money on the proper cut of meat and risk ruining it.
    Spock - let me know when you're ready. I'll go halvsies on the cost of the ingredients, and will be your sous chef. I had Gordon's "Wellie" at the GR Steakhouse in Las Vegas. It was a Meg Ryan moment. ;-)
    Ellen, Brooks and spockwhat like this.

+ Reply to Thread